XIX

The shop attendant finished doing the dozens of buttons in the back of Anntonia's dress. She was surrounded by almost 360 degrees of mirrors in this room with the door closed. Warm lights were all pointed at where she stood elevated on a rounded white platform. She stared at her reflection, able to see how the dress was designed and executed exactly to what was drawn up originally.

Her dress was made to mimic the color of her skin as it hugged her and covered her from collar bone, to the wrist and poured down to the floor in a slim A-shape. Gold bead and Swarovski crystals were hand placed into lattices that concentrated at the breasts and thinned as the dress descended until it was nonexistent at her feet. The underlayer of the dress was fine silk so it flowed with her as she walked even though it gave the appearance of sheerness at the top. According to the design, her hair would be piled atop her head, laced with red crystals and flowers to go with the theme of the ceremony. Right now, she had her hair in a high bun so it was close enough to see if everything would pull together.

"It's gorgeous," the attendant said, stepping away so she could get a clear picture of her reflection.

She mentally agreed. It was indeed gorgeous. A masterpiece. The dress could also put together almost like a wedding dress, even though it was for a maid of honor. Charlotte's dress was also made by the same designer and the dress would be even more extravagant in its warm white layers with stitched white and red crystals and sweetheart neckline. It's just odd to be standing in this bridal studio, without the bride, she thought.

Later on, she thanked the attendant and carefully lifted the dress since it pooled on the floor without her heels on and stared towards the door. The attendant opened the door for her, and she exited into the common area, where Irfan was standing, facing away from her at a mirror while he straightened his silk bowtie on his neck. He saw her through the mirror and whirled around with wide eyes.

"I saw the design of that dress in the pictures when it was drawn up," he expressed as she came to his side. "But in real life, it's definitely more stunning than the drawing, just because you're wearing it."

She laughed at him and reached up to help him straightened his collar and lapel.

"You look nice too," she complimented as he ducked so she could more easily reach him. She smoothed his clothes and patted him on his shoulder before stepping back. He held out the crook of his arm to her and tipped his chin toward the mirror. She took the guy's arm and looked at them in the huge mirror, seeing the vision that was sketched in a notebook before it come to life on them.

Irfan wore a crisp black tuxedo with a red bow tie and gold cufflinks accented with red rubies. He beamed at her with ease and there she had thought they would be distant or awkward after breaking things off, but the guy had made it easy, acting as if nothing had changed except the edge in his eyes when he looked down at her had dulled.

She was thankful for him because he was Engfa's best friend and she never wanted what went on between them to affect her best friend's special day. In fact, with the wedding approaching, and the final planning escalating, and she found herself spending more time with Engfa and Irfan than before.

"Wait! Something is missing," the guy said, reaching into his tuxedo jacket and pulling out a velvet box that she recognized instantly. She waited for him to open the box and reveal a pair of chandelier earring of gold and red rubies that sparkled in the light. She ran finger across the stones and shook her head in fascination.

"They're perfect," she remarked. "But I won't wear them until the wedding. Thanks for picking them up for me though. What about the necklace?"

Irfan closed the box with snap and grabbed her hand, flipping her palms up so that he could place the box in her hand.