No one was willing to offend the Zhenguo Duke Estate, especially after seeing Second Madam Shen declare her support clearly. If anyone dared spread rumors in the future, they would not only become "vile mouths", they would also suffer the Zhenguo Duke Estate's wrath. Therefore, even those who wanted to see the world burn still had to consider things carefully.

The Zhenguo Duke Estate's people were famously domineering. A minor matter between women could end up getting their household's old lord involved. At that time, the Shen household wouldn't even have to make a move. They would be skinned alive by their own household's old lord.

They were all intelligent people and they quickly went along with the flow. Ma Quan Fang invited everyone to move to the Yaoyue Pavilion. The group of noblewomen were tactful. They all smiled and beamed as though nothing had happened, and took their own misses along with them. Afterwards, they forbade their juniors from mentioning this event anywhere.

Some servants stepped up and lifted the limp Yan Qian out, leading Shen Yi Yao's group to a different location.

The group was brought to the Yunxiang Building. Yan Chan and the rest who had remained there the entire time were pretty much stunned at seeing Yan Qian's appearance. Xiao Cui immediately fell to the floor in fright.

Yan Ru and Yan Ling's expressions weren't good, looking both anxious and depressed. Yan Qian was thrown to the floor on the side. Second Madam Shen had several servants tie her hands and feet and gag her before having them leave.

Everyone knew without saying that Yan Qian must have provoked some trouble to end up this way. Yan Chan had long since realized Yan Qian disappeared, but also didn't dare go look for her. She could only sit there anxiously. Seeing Yan Qian's wretched appearance now, she also didn't dare ask anything due to her fear.

In the other room, Shen Yi Yao was a mess of tears.
Second Madam Shen sat with her arm around Yan Yan and watched her cry.

"Ah Yan, it's all mom's fault. Mom has harmed you."

How could Shen Yi Yao not understand the situation? The truth had ultimately come out due to Yan Yan's actions, and Second Madam Shen had also backed her up. Ma Quan Fang assisted in keeping any rumors from spreading.

However, since this matter had occurred and there were so many madams present today, anyone slightly influential in the capital would know about it. Although they wouldn't spread it wantonly, who would dare marry such a fierce girl? She would get physical at the slightest offense, and after the beating there were people behind her who would back her up. Wouldn't their household's son be completely suppressed by her in the future?!

Those who were slightly sensible wouldn't choose such a daughter-in-law. Of course there were those who wanted to borrow the Zhenguo Duke's influence, but would there be any good households among people like that?!

Shen Yi Yao was incessantly distressed thinking about this. It was all because of her. Ah Yan wasn't willing to let Yan Qian's group tag along. If she had been firmer, the old madam probably wouldn't be willing to fall out with her. But she had to consider her dignity and also thought that the juniors were ultimately innocent, resulting in this matter.

Actually Shen Yi Yao had been stuck between a rock and a hard place. Since the old madam had said what she said, her refusal would have resulted in her being called malicious and unkind towards concubine born children. The old madam used this against her. Furthermore, Chen-shi had been there as well. If they fell out, the unstable peace they enjoyed would no longer be sustainable.

Her thinking had truly been very simple. The madam of a major household should strive for harmony regardless of her personal feelings. After all, Ah Yan was about to discuss marriage so it wouldn't do to have internal strife.