Shen Yi Yao could only agree.

Leaving the Rongan Hall, Yan Yan's expression was ugly enough. The people from the eldest branch were the same way. Especially Yan Ru and Yan Ling.

What should have been a happy occasion had now become something nauseating.

When had someone been pressured out of their comfort zone like this before?

Xue-shi's expression wasn't good either. "Second sis-in-law, it's all your sis-in-law's fault for provoking trouble for you." If it weren't for the sake of bringing Yan Ru and Yan Ling, the others wouldn't have been able to climb up the pole and make it difficult for Shen Yi Yao.

The old madam fell just short of saying since she can care about the two misses of the eldest branch, why can't she do so for the rest?

"Eldest aunt, since they had the thoughts, they would still bother my mom even without the eldest sis and fourth sis." This situation didn't exceed Yan Yan's expectations. She just didn't think they could be so shameless.

Xue-shi also gritted her teeth in anger. "I just can't figure out what Chen-shi is thinking. Since it's for her daughters' sakes, couldn't she come discuss in person? She only knows to instigate the old madam to stand up for her. How can she be so disgusting!?"

She didn't know that this matter also involved Concubine Wu and Yan Qian. Since all the misses were brought along, the fifth miss naturally wouldn't be left out.

"Luckily my mom rejected everything else. Let them come if they want to. It's just a normal playdate after all!"

Chen-shi and the rest merely assumed Shen Yi Yao was taking the misses out, and didn't know the details. Since they didn't know, then it should be easy to deal with. Yan Yan's temper had never been good, and she would never swallow a grievance without returning in kind.

Shen Yi Yao also didn't know what to say. After chatting a little longer, they each returned and prepared to depart.
.......

When they all reconvened, everyone was wearing new clothing.

Yan Yan, Yan Ru and Yan Ling were especially well-dressed. They each had their own unique flavor. Yan Qian, Yan Chan and the rest showed up as well. They were all carefully dressed. No one would believe that they hadn't been prepared beforehand.

Knowing they couldn't bring too many people, the sixth and seventh miss only brought a granny and a maid. Yan Qian only brought a maid and Yan Chan was the same. They split into four carriages and the group majestically departed.

Shen Yi Yao sat with Yan Yan in one carriage along with Cui Qiao and Mei Xiang. The rest of the carriages had two misses and their personal servants each.

The carriages arrived at the Yiyong Marquis Estate's gates. They got off and transferred onto small palanquins, which could fit two people each. They fit perfectly into four palanquins while the maids walked alongside them.

Yan Yan had been frowning the entire time. Shen Yi Yao said comfortingly: "Enough, you shouldn't stay angry. You must have a smile when seeing your Auntie Fang later."

"She's precisely doing this on purpose. I feel her worries about Yan Qian and the rest's marriages are fake. She's really just trying to disgust us."

Shen Yi Yao helped adjust her daughter's golden necklace. "Enough, don't take things to heart. She can think whatever she wants to. We just need to mind our own business. There are maids and grannies with us so there shouldn't be any major issues. Especially since your Auntie Fang will be there as well. Just have the servants keep an eye out some more."