Then came the crisp melody once again, and the two lifelike little dolls approached each other under Yan Yan's eyes....

She wanted to have it stop, but didn't know how to do so. She could only stare blankly as the little dolls spun closer and further, closer and further....

There was a letter inside the lid. Yan Yan unconsciously took it down and opened it.

Little sis Ah Yan, if I said I liked you, how would you react? I've always, always liked you. I've liked you for a long time. I want to take you as my consort!

There were only a few words inside but they shattered Yan Yan's entire being to pieces.
.......

The melody had stopped at some point.

Yn Yan swiftly closed the lid with trembling hands. She even knew to lock it with the golden lock. She then held it in her arms and didn't really know what to do.

After thinking for a while, she went inside her bedroom and put the box into the little cabinet inside her palanquin bed. She then flopped onto her bed, wondering how things became this way.

Little fatty Luo likes her? He's liked her for a long time? Just when did it start?

If Luo Huai Yuan had just written a love poem or something, Yan Yan probably wouldn't have such a large reaction. She had never liked such literary things after all. It was because this was too blunt and too honest. It was honest enough that Yan Yan couldn't avoid it!

I want to take you as my consort!

In Yan Yan's mind, Luo Huai Yuan was just a friend whom she got to know at her most indecivise moment.

Because of this, she treated him differently. First of all, Yan Yan was quite impressed with him, and felt he was very resourceful. Compared to him, she was clumsy and only knew to hit people when angered. Every step of his plans would strike people in their weakspots, to the extent that those being screwed over wouldn't know what hit them.

But this sort of impression was only temporary because little fatty Luo messed around too much. He liked joking around and also liked acting weird.

Anyone who used to be impressed by him would be speechless after seeing his antics and weirdness.
They had gotten more and more familiar with each other, and it wasn't too far off from her relationship with Yan Mo. After he went to Fujian, they hadn't seen each other for three years. However, they remained in contact the entire time. It could be said that Yan Yan was the only person in the world who knew what Luo Huai Yuan had been up to abroad.

This included Lady Hui and those guards. Because they had acted separately, they weren't too clear of the overall picture....

While she knew many things about him, he knew many things about her as well.

They were too close, close enough to know each other's deepest secrets. Yan Yan had even thought that little fatty Luo would probably be her closest friend in this life.

But how did this turn into liking?

What did liking mean?
.....

Seeing the miss hide in her room without coming out, the few maids were extremely curious.

Yi Meng was the one who brought the thing over so Mei Xiang and the rest all looked at her.

Yi Meng waved her hands, "I also don't know what was inside. It was a little box, and wasn't too heavy."
Without any conclusions, they could only continue to wait.

With the sound of crashing thunder, it started pouring outside. It was like a hole had appeared in the heavens and water was being poured through it.
Yi Yun ran in from outside, her hems and shoes soaking wet. "Luckily I hurried back after seeing things not looking good. Otherwise I would have been drenched."