28; your birthday

[ irl ]

"thank you, thank you." isa blew kisses to her friends. "you can have the rest tonight." matt told her. "well from me at least." he sat next to her. "what time are we going to madi's?" isa asked. "she said at four." nick answered. "matt else did you get me?" isa turned to look at him. "it's a surprise." he said. "no tell me." she whined. "so needy, no it's a surprise lu." matt grabbed her hand. "please matt." she pouted. "no isa." matt said so she knew he was being serious. "fine." she rolled her eyes.

it was time for them to head to madi's. jade, val and nick went to madi's this morning before isa woke up to help madi and her mom with decorating. laura said it was fine that they celebrated her birthday at the house. so that's what they did laura was getting the food and cake for them all. when they got to madi's isa knocked on the door. madi opened the door. "hi guys, happy birthday isa!" madi hugged her. "thank you madi." isa smiled. madi moved back so they could all come in. "oh my gosh, it's so beautiful i love it." isabel held her hands to her chest. "thanks it was three and half hours of torture." nick faked wiped sweat off his head. "you're so dramatic nick." val shook her head. "literally you only had to blow air in like two balloons til laura found the balloon pump." jay rolled her eyes.

"happy birthday isabel." laura came and hugged isa. "thank you." isa smiled and hugged her back.

they were sitting in dinning room getting ready to eat when the door bell rang. "hey isa can you get the door please." laura asked. "yeah." she grabbed matts' hand telling him to go with her. when isa opened the door nate was standing there with his suit case and a big smile. "NATE!" isabel yelled. "how? why are you here?" she said excitedly. "couldn't miss my besties birthday." he let out a smile laugh. "and matty boy here got me here." nate said pointing at matt. "you were saying how you were upset he couldn't be on the trip with us." matt shrugged his shoulders. "yeah but at least you'll be here for the next few days with us." she smiled she moved out the way so nate could come in. "was that the surprise cause if it is thank you matt." she hugged the boy in front of her. "it wasn't but your welcome." he kissed the top of her head. "there's something else?" she raised a brow. "yes and it's better." he smiled.

"no chris you can't do that!" val said throwing his card at him. "what? when's the last you couldn't stack a plus two on top of plus four!" he rolled his eyes. "since the fucking game of uno." nick raised his brow. "like for real." jay laughed. "yeah so grab the four you fucking cheater." matt said. "fuck you guys." chris rolled his eyes and grabbed four cards. they kept going until the last one was standing. isa got out first round, then madi, then matt and jay everyone wondered how she lasted so long since she's usually the first one to win in uno. "can we do something else now i'm getting sick of watching chris make poor decisions." jay put her phone down. "fuck off." chris scoffed. "yeah can we? i'm sick of playing uno." val putting cards with the others. "yeah while we wait for laura to come so we could do the cake." nick picked the cards up.

the others went in the living room to watch a movie but matt dragged isa outside. "matt it's cold why are we out here." isabel whined. "cause i need to talk to you." he took his sweater off and put in on her. "aw thanks matty." she smiled up at him. "sooo how are you liking your birthday?" he asked her. "i love it spending it with you guys is amazing." matt smiled at her. "i'm glad you love it." he wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer. there it was again the feeling of butterflies in stomach she's been getting from matt. "me too." she hugged him. "lu, you remember how i told you i like like you?" he loosened his arms from around her. "yes of course." isa said. "you remember when i told you i like like you too." she poked his chest. "of course lu." he grabbed her finger and held her hand. "welllll." he dragged the l out. "i was thinking if i could take you out?" he pulled her even closer than she already was. "is the matthew bernard sturniolo asking me out?" she gasped while he laughed. "yes he is." he lifted his hands up move her hair back behind her ears. "well of course i will matty." isabel smiled. "good." he moved his hands to her cheeks. "can i." he got cut off by isa. "yes you can." she nodded. "you don't even know what i was going to say." he tilted his head. "but i know what you were thinking." she also tilted her head. "oh yeah?" he said teasing her. she just nodded her head. "mmhm." she mumbled. "tell me then." he moved his hands. "you were going to ask m-." matt cut her off by smashing his lips on hers. she smiled into the kiss and so did he when felt her smile. they pulled away at the same time smiling at each other. "best birthday ever."

✰ ⁏ ✩

a/n: thank you all for 1k reads i love you so much i been trying to post a lot more since i was out of town for a week and i didn't post but it's almost christmas (((: if you celebrate!❤️