I nodded my head in agreement, my lips perked up into a small smile. "It's funny you know? Somehow, for once in a very long time, I found enjoyment in the civilian life, rather than Spideman's life."

Venom looked at me, his head tilted. "There's a girl, isn't there?"

"What?"

"I know how young love in high school sounds like. Trust me, I've been there." Venom chuckled. "So, who's this girl?"

There was indeed a girl that made the civilian life a lot more interesting and better. Juliane Moon. For some reason, for every second of everyday, she was always in my head. If she were to ever ask how many times she'd crossed my mind, I'd say once, because she never really left.

How could one person be so capable of somebody else's mind? I didn't understand.

"It's just a girl." I shrugged timidly. I was so grateful I had a mask on, the blush on my cheeks was too prominent.

Venom laughed at the shyness in my voice, before slumping to take a seat on the edge of the roof. "I have a girl too in mind." He revealed, peaking my curiosity. "Though, I think she already has somebody else. She had a boy in her bedroom, and that pretty much explains it all."

"Damn." I mumbled. "Could say the same. I think she's seeing someone else. I mean, she's a friend of mine, but the thought of her seeing someone else bothers me."

Venom suppressed a laugh. "We're so lame."

We really were. I really was.

"Jaehyun."

I turned to Venom and saw him extending his hand out. With confusion, I tilted my head. "What?"

"I think it's about time we get to really know each other. It's been years, and I trust you. Jaehyun Jung."

Excited, I instantly clasped my hand with his and gave it a firm shake. "Mark Lee." Even with the masks on, I could sense we were both exchanging bright and wide smiles.

Jaehyun Jung, so that was his name. Hmm, it suits his face. Pretty name? Pretty face.

Our mini "introduction" moment was halted when we heard commotions coming down from the alleyway, and in an instant we took cover. We peeked and saw four men walking out of the door, chatting and laughing with those heavy and glowing high-tech weapons. They weren't even trying to hide it. As they conversed, Venom and I tuned in.

"I'm telling you, these weapons are worth it."

"Are you sure? I mean, these shit costs like a galore of money. Is it really?"

"It is! We're lucky we managed to buy them as they're almost out of stock. But trust me, it's worth it. You'll see when we get in the bank. These babies will blow up those ATMs within a second, and we'll be off with those stacks of money. Trust."

"Okay fine. But, didn't the seller say we have to get that chick as well?"

"Yeah. In exchange of the discount for these weapons, I guess we have to-"

"Fuckers." Venom growled.

Without any hesitation or whatsoever, Venom leaped off the building and landed at the alleyway to join the criminals. Venom used his own matter to create a shield as the bad guys started aiming their weapons at him, panicked and shocked.

My hands were on the back of my head, the muscles of my heart tightened with incredible force as I was surprised by Venom's sudden choice. "Wait what?!" I shrieked from above. "What happened to plan-making?!"

I knew I wasn't gonna get any response, so I had to choice but to join.

While Venom already had two of the men trapped in his black matter, the others shot their attempt of fleeing by galloping towards the exit of the alleyway. They didn't even care anymore, they had sacrificed their weapons on the floor.

I jumped off the roof and mid in air, I extended both my arms out and flicked both my wrist towards the criminals' way. "Where do you guys think you're going?!" I shouted with a prodding tone. The webs that squirted out of my device was fast to catch up with them, and it stuck onto both walls to create a human-sized spiderweb, like a trap.

The two men didn't even seem to comprehend the position they were in, because with a mere blink, they crashed onto the webs and got stuck. Stuck like flies, again.

I let out a small grunt as I landed on the ground in front of them. "Cozy are we?" I snickered.

Venom, whom was at the far distance with the two other men, spoke. "We'll continue this inside the lair."