Chapter 10

"The Greatest Show" from "The Greatest Showman"

Half a year went by, and I saved enough money for a trip. I did do little side hustles when I could to reach my goal.

I let my coworkers chose where I should go.

"Finland."

"Paris."

"What about Japan?"

"South Africa."

"They all sound nice, but I don't know."

"How about South Korea. It's a nice place and many people are going."

"I'll look into it."

"I mean they have a love locket fence like Paris does. Not the exact same but similar culture to Japan. Amazing scenery like Finland. Sweet beaches like South Africa."

"You should go enjoy yourself, Y/N. Embrace the life."

-----------------

After that conversation, I looked into the many destinations and booked a flight to the capital of South Korea.

There are advertisements filling empty space within the roads and subways. Big poster of musical groups. Bright light lighting up the city at night. Beautiful parks that I love walking through. The sidewalks filled with people walking. More people you'll find walking then in small cities in the US.

Some day on my trip, I'm walking down the sidewalk. Never a destination in mind like always and...

"Oh my... is that?"

-----------------

"Tell me more about yourself?"

I say as I lie on the ground. He turns to look at me.

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything, your life, what you do, your aspirations."

"I work in music. As you know my family is back in Australia. I live far away from them. I just want to live a good life... You know, I left them when I was really young."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry about? It isn't your fault. I chose to do it. I came a long way."

"As long as you're happy. That's what matters... You are happy, aren't you?"

"... I believe so."

-----------------

It's mid-spring and the leaves of the cherry blossom flowers are falling like snowflakes. Cars pacing by like cheetahs chasing their prey, with building reaching to the heavens.

I'm on the path and straight ahead of me is a guy. Average height and he's alone. Nothing out of the ordinary, but he looks familiar.

He seems sure about himself. Just minding his business and looks to be meeting someone, maybe. He turns his head to the side and oh my... is that?

It's him, the man from my dreams.

-----------------

Chan's turns his full body towards Y/N. They stand facing each other in disbelief. Y/N's mouth slightly hangs opens. Chan, his face turning pale as if he has saw a ghost.

They continue to stand in front of each other without movement. The petals of cherry blossom flow through the breeze.

They slowly walk to each other. Within arm length, they don't say a word. Y/N backs up and then rushes to embrace him. Chan lifts his arms and hugs them back. They pull back and stare into each other's eyes. Chan mouth gives way for a smile before they start to speak over each other.

===========================================================================

"Everything you look at can become a fairytale and you can get a story from everything you touch."
-Hans Christian Andersen

Thank you for reading. I ended this story with the first song Chan played on Chan's room. Despite it being edited at the end.

A little after story, Y/N and Chan stop appearing within each other's dreams and life went on as normal.

Ah, and I also uploaded on a Sunday.
December 24, 2023