Chapter 9

"Anybody" by Shae ft WIMY

It's been about a month with the new store and it's going great. No one knows me as the girl who won't talk or that everyone is afraid of. My new building that I'm in is great too. It fits my needs and everything. I go on walks through the park and take in the gorgeous scenery. It's also the only way to explore the area I reside in unless my coworkers take me out and show me around.

Since I moved, I haven't had many dreams of him. Better saying, we haven't spoken. It's like something had been pulling us away. I'll see him but then, he'll disappear, and I would have no dream at all. I wanted to tell him how I been doing, but who knows when I'll be able to.

-----------------

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"It sure has. It's been weird."

"I have so much to tell you."

"Ears are open."

"So, as we know, I moved. It's been great. I was afraid for no reason. I'm being a lot more open now and the store is running smoothly. I'm getting invited out to things and I even tried a pottery and candle making class. I go on many walks through the days. I'm slowly making friends and people want me around."

"Have you found what makes you, you?"

"No, I been thinking about that. When I got on the plane, memories of all the places I visited came rushing to me. That feeling of freedom and new destinations exciting me. I think I'm going to take more trips but alone."

"I traveled around the world too. A lot quite actually. Flying back home is the greatest thing for me."

"Back to Australia. I should take a visit."

"Yes, maybe we could meet up, haha."

"Haha, maybe. I don't know where my next trip will be, but how are you?"

"I been working out a lot lately. I been eating well and getting enough sleep. I want to get buff."

"Oo, you're gonna be getting all the looks."

"Haha, I decided that even if my body collapses, I'm going to burn all my energy to give to you."

"Oh, be careful now. Wouldn't want you to fall for me."

He tilts his head.

"You're more outspoken now. Cracking jokes. No more questions."

"I am and no, always question."

We sit for a little looking back at each other. I then clap my hands together and get up. I begin to suck my teeth and walk in circles. Chan coughs.

"I'm not doing anything on Valentine's Day so um... I guess you can spend the day with me, yeah. I mean that's if you want. I'm not gonna say you have to."

"I would love to spend the day with you, Christopher."

===========================================================================