Chapter 8: Sacrifices

Start from the beginning

"Are you concerned about him choosing the pack over you, like he did before? I know you, and I can tell something is bothering you."

Danny was always good at reading me and my moods.

"It's hard. I have been open with my therapist without talking in detail about what Isaac is. A new pact member is also a therapist, and I have spent some time with her, trying to get her perspective. I know we love each other, but I am still struggling with deciding if staying together is the best option for both of us."

"Lexi, let time do its thing. You have the most important base for a relationship: love. You guys will be able to figure out the rest together. Don't overthink this; live every moment. Promise you will try."

"I will. Now, how are you planning to help me with my outfit tonight?" I asked desperately, trying to switch subjects for something more relaxing.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in his hotel room preparing for tonight.

++++++

Isaac's POV

Jacob, Louis, Phil, and I are having our final meeting, preparing to go to our security spots, when I see Lexi entering the club with Jackson, Ethan, Danny, and Mauro. She looks hot and makes my eyes flicker to amber for a few seconds.

I wish I could take her to my room and do what I know she loves until she screams my name, but I need to control myself. Tonight is too important for me to be thinking about that.

I say hi to the guys. Jackson and Ethan have apologized to me about what went wrong between us in the past, and now I consider them my friends. I don't think we will ever become super close, but we know we have each other's back.

Danny is another thing. He loves Lexi like a sister and is very protective of her, so he has had deep, serious conversations with me about my intentions with her. He is a great guy and a fantastic support system for my angel. I hugged him and told him how glad I was to see him.

I turn to my girl and kiss her passionately while I hear the catcalling and whistles from all the idiots already at the club. I see Lexi turning different shades of red and giving me a shy smile.

Lord, give me strength before I throw her over my shoulder and go all caveman on her.

The club is packed; the new members of the pack are here, but many humans are coming to see the DJ, who has been hyped so much by the studio. Little do they know this will be his debut and farewell.

Marco is pacing back and forth behind the curtain, getting ready to go on stage. I pad him in the back and tell him we are ready and that everything will go as planned. 

The plan is that once the dance club closes at 3:00 am, humans will leave the building, and we will light the room so Marco can give a welcoming speech to the new pack and explain the plans for the next couple of months. After that, everyone will go to their places, and in a week, we will start the trip to the new zone where the pack will settle.

A few hours have passed, and in just seconds, it's already close to 3:00 am. I have been able to dance with Lexi a few times during my security shift. I have also held back a few times when humans have gotten too close to her. 

She looks so good tonight, and both males and females have been hitting on her. She laughed and danced with different people, always keeping a respectful space.

Alexandra is a goddess, and I am the luckiest man alive because I am the only one who can say "mine!" Sh*t, hanging with these guys is making me more primal than ever.

I think a break among humans in Paris will benefit me and my relationship with Lexi. I know she worries about the rules the pack will implement and if those will impact her. So, I need to ensure she understands that she is the one no matter what, and I will only follow her.