Chapter 4

'Hello' means signing, k? Enjoy!
-

I woke up to Mandy barging into my room.
"Oh good you're up!" She says as I toss the sheets over me and step out of bed. I look at her.

'What's up' I sign.

"Well I know that you going to families is hard but I positive I found one for you!"

I roll my eyes at her. 'Mandy, I don't want to go.'

"Come on! Give it a chance!" She says.

'What's family is it?'

"Their name is...." she says as she looks down at her clipboard. I head to my closet to pick out my clothes so I can get ready for the day. "Fowler"
I stop dead in my tracks and look at her.

'Hell no! Im not going with them!'

"Kells give them a chance!" Shes says.
I walk back to my bed and tell her I need to get ready. She leaves telling me to think about it. After I take my shower I head to the cafeteria for breakfast, which I don't eat.

I see Mandy talking with some lady. Ive never seen her around here. I sigh quietly and walk towards Mands. I tap her and she looks at me as the lady walks away.

"Hey whats up?" She says.

I look down 'when do I have to leave'

"Oh good Kellin! Don't worry about it! They're a nice family! You'll love them." She says completely oblivious to my knowledge on the family.

Once we get there I start to slightly shake

"Hey! Stop worrying! You've never had this problem before. Whats wrong?" She asks.

'Nothing. Lets go'

We get out and are escorted into the house and I recognize everything.

"Kellin! Its nice to see you again. After all these years." Mr.Fowler says holding me at arms length.

"Again?" Mandy asks.

'I know this family.'

"Oh well that's good."she says.

"Wait, why doesn't he talk anymore? He used to" mr. Fowler asks noticing my signing.

"Im not sure. He hasnt said anything at all in years." She answered.

Mr.Fowlers face dropped.

"Oh but don't worry. He has his way of communication. So he'll still be able to answer questions and all. He usually signs so eventually to make it easier I recommend learning as well." She says as she notices his face.

I pull out my little notepad and pen. 'Im sorry' I write then hand it to him.

"For what son?"

I shrug and write something else.
'That day'

He reads it and starts to tear up.
"No,no its all right." He says as he pulls me in for a hug.

After a while, he introduces us to his wife. They told us the story of how they wanted kids but she wasn't able to so they adopted. He said that they were searching for the kid they wanted but they didn't want one too far off from his sons age.

Later on, Mandy showed my "parents" some simple signals like one tap means yes two mean no, three means come in, four means go away, little things like that. God, this is going to be annoying.

An hour later, Mandy left.

"Well then, let's show you to your room then shall we?" He asked. I nodded and then he led me up some stairs and then down the hall to a white door. He opened it and told me this is my room.

"You can out whatever you want in here." He said. Since the houses in the neighborhood look the same from in and out, this would technically be my room at my house, which is next door. I sighed as they left me alone. I put my bags on the bed and laid down.

A knock came at the door. I tapped three times and they came in.

"Hey Kellin." Said a voice I don't remember.

I looked up and saw a familiar face.

Im trying to keep them short but updated as much as possible. Im going to try to update every single day for this story and maybe once or twove twice a week for "ill take you there"
Hope you enjoyed! Ily!

-Vanessa