"I invited Sienna," she says casually.

I whirl around to face her. "You what?"

"She's your best friend. I thought it would make you happy." She frowns, like she can't understand why anything else would be the case.

Like I hadn't told her myself I'm in love with Sienna.

"It won't make me happy," I snap. "Why did you do that?"

"Settle, son," she sighs irritably. "She's bringing Kayn, and they are going to watch the ceremony, congratulate you and return home. You're not going to combust at the sight of her."

"I wouldn't be so sure," I mutter, turning away from her.

I can't see Sienna. I don't know what I'll do in her presence. It's like my body has no control over itself, and it's been hard enough to resist going to Kayn's home to retrieve her.

"If you cannot handle yourself, stay away from her. Greet her, and move on," mother instructs. "Today is about you and Violet. Concentrate on that, Alpha."

I brace my hands on the vanity, squeezing my eyes shut.

My mother is right. I need to move on, concentrate on Violet. What I want doesn't matter now, and there is no way out of this.

The best thing will be to avoid Sienna.

I turn back to my mother, willing calm over myself. "I will."

"Good luck, and enjoy." She emphasises the last part, knowing very well I won't.

The rest of the day passes nauseatingly fast.

I don't have time to think for myself as vows are stuffed in my hand and I'm forced to memorise them moments before I walk out the manor and down the aisle to where I must wait for Violet at the alter.

I hardly notice the significant number of guests sitting on white pews, staring at me expectantly as I do what feels like a death march down the aisle.

Dull music plays and my feet sink into the white carpet laid out across the grass. Mother insisted doing the ceremony here, at home, would remind people of our control and power, but it's only tempting me to run back inside.

Violet walks down the aisle soon after me wearing frothy white and a veil that covers her face. The bouquet of pale flowers she holds tremble, her nerves palpable.

If she is doing this, the least I can do is get through this too. For her.

For the entire ceremony I keep my eyes on her. I keep my smile soft and my eyes warm, not letting them drift over the crowd where I know Sienna will be watching on.

That is, until we reach the vow portion of the ceremony.

Movement from the pews has me pulling my gaze away from Violet. Sienna stumbles past people, excusing herself quietly, her face stricken.

My heart launches into my throat.

She gathers her skirts into her hands and takes off down the aisle. The urge to follow her is potent I flinch in her direction.

Instead, I catch my mother's burning stare. It's a warning...

Don't you dare follow her.

Swallowing thickly, I look back at the celebrant, trying not to be sick.

It takes all my self control not to slip over my words, not to frown as I lift Violet's veil back and kiss her.

I'm numb as the ceremony draws to a close and people filter into the massive tent that has been set up for the reception. I accept every congratulations before I follow along with everyone else, Violet by my side.