Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"He was Arjun only, He was Arjun, I amn't mistaken... " She stopped her rambling when the person from another side spoke.

"Aashi?" Pranitha sounded confused, she remained silent for a while before she spoke again.

"Yes, I got the call from this number, I didn't have it saved in my contacts" I saw the hope and happiness draining from Pranitha's face, her eyes dimmed lossing the colour, from the way she clutched her finger around the communication device made me know that she is stirring courage to ask what she so badly wants to.

"I heard Arjun, I got the call and I heard Arjun" She said in a breathe like someone has placed a knife on her neck at the moment.

"It... It was a r..e.. recording you and Karan is watching, ohh" she said then hummed on whatever Aashi said from another side, she sniffed trying her best to hold her tears and sobs back I couldn't help but brought my wheelchair close to her and held her hand for support as she bid goodbye to aashi and let her phone fall back on floor, I watched the flood of tears wetting her cheeks as she cried

I patiently waited without uttering a word or trying to hold her to comfort her, few good minutes passed before she looked up at me with her innocent baby eyes before opening her mouth and asking something which invoked pain in my heart "Why me Agastya? Why always me? Why for once I cannot be happy? Why you have to forget me only to remember me a day after your wedding? Why Arjun has to love me only to leave me? Why after plenty of attempts to kill myself I am still breathing and alive? Why can't I di..." I couldn't let her complete the last sentence I couldn't, the pain isn't only one sided it's both sided, so against my better judgement I leaned down and connected my lips with her kissing her with all passion and love I have for this beautiful woman, I have expected the push and the slap I deserved for kissing her without permission but it didn't follow what followed instead was her total submission she let me ravish her mouth like I have dreamt plenty of times in past five years, she let me pull her body in between my parted legs, she let me pull her head against my chest, I hugged her tightly close to me too scared to even loosen my grip a little on her, too scared with the thought that if I will let air pass from between us she will disappear.

"I got you Pari, I got you" I whispered against her hair and placed kisses on top of her hair and she cried against my chest breaking my heart more and more, at this moment having her back in my arms made me feel like I have finally got the home my home after being stray for five long painfull years, and no way I am letting anyone take my home away from me.

__________________

Back At Arjun's home...

Arjun looked at his sister bewildered seeing her lying right at front of his face, Aashi has guilt written all over her face, tere were clouded in her eyes on verge of raining down, She sniffed and rubbed her tears away before giving a small smile to Arjun.

"What the hell was that Aashi?" Arjun yelled, his voice wasn't as loud and scary as it used to be after all he is yet recovering.

"Bhaiya... you need to calm down and rest" She said calmly and sat beside him.

"Why the hell did you lie to bunny?" He growled sounding angry and hurt at same time "I want her to be here? Has something happened?" He questioned calming down a little, the tear stricken face of his sister scared him but what scared him more was him having no idea about what should he expect

"You aren't yet recovered right and Pari dii is currently in Mumbai looking after Prachi's dii son, Agastya bhaiya and Prachi Dii are divorced and Prachi Dii isn't there anymore so Pranitha dii is looking after Ritosh, If I would have told her truth she would have came here running in a blink" Aashi skipped only some truth to not give shock to his brother and vomited remaining, Arjun looked suprised by the detail .

"But I want to meet here so I will tell her tomorrow " He said after a good pause and forwarded his hand to take phone from Aashi who quickly put the phone in her jeans pocket.

"No bhaiya, Not yet, We will wait untill you aren't completely recovered then we will suprise Pranitha dii in Mumbai" Arjun shook his head on her lame idea not agreeing with hiding his recovery from her a day more.

"No Aashi, I need to talk to her, she would have been so worried all this while, I cannot do this with her for a lame suprise I can suprise her with another thing like announcing our marriage next day or something but not this" he strictly denied once again forwarding his hand and demanding the phone.

"But bhaiya, where would be fun in that?" It was Karan who entered and spoke this time "Pranitha dii is doing much better than how she has been initially, It's matter of a week or two only" he insisted with a happy smile from outside and from inside there was a tornado building in him, every part shivering "I am happy that you have recovered and returned to us bhaiya" Arjun was enveloped in one of the warmest hug he has ever received from his brother, he felt tears wetting his shoulder and raised his hand to place on Karan's back but winched in pain before sighing and positioning his hand back on bed.

"Okay, If you both are saying then okay" he agreed, Aashi and Karan breathed in relief.

______________

A/N

Only one request I have to you guys is cut this book out if it's being too much. (A shout out for those readers who were literally so polite telling how they don't like how it's going, I respect and genuinely appreciate their maturity and deep down expecting same from all of you)

For me, Both Agastya's and Arjun's situation is heartbreaking, and for me second chance never meant choosing second person sometimes we can have our second chance with first person as well and sometimes with second person as well, I know many of you don't like how it's going, well I whole heartily appreciate your company till this chapter but please feel free to cut this book out of it's being too much, I acknowledge everyone have different attachment and expectations with books and I completely understand your opinions and respect them as well and I expect same in return.

It's my first general fiction and completely different plot than I usually go with, it is supposed to have a bittersweet feeling because this is what I have imagined when I started penning this book down so one heart is going to be broken for sure 😊 (If you want to go with something sweet calm and loving try "Healing him" it's a full blown Arrange marriage romance book with thriller and murder in it)

Arjun

Or

Agastya