Chapter 22 - A Climactic Showdown -

Start from the beginning

He took a deep breath, trying to steel his nerves, and raised his sword to meet the oncoming attack. It was a moment of truth for him, and he had to be ready to fight no matter what was coming.

Y/n raised his sword and summoned his Sun Breathing, focusing his energy into his blade, as he burns his sword with searing fire.

The crescent moons came hurtling towards him, he held his sword aloft, preparing for the counterattack.

"Sun Breathing."
Scorching Crimson Mirror

With a swift motion, Y/n's sword burst into flames, the fire coursing through its steel. He unleashes two powerful horizontal slashes, creating a scorching, crimson mirror that reflected the lunar attack back at the source.

The heat and light of the mirror was blinding, and the crescent moons were no match for its power. One by one, the moons were repelled.

Y/n lowered his sword. The lunar attack was over.

"Show yourself!" Tsugi said, as the crater was still covered with dust and smoke.

As Y/n's knees slammed onto the ground, he raised his head to look up at Kokushibou. The Upper Moon 1 was towering over him, with a blank expression on his face.

"W-what are you.. doing here?!" Y/n stares at him, shocked.

Kokushibou spoke, his voice as sharp as a blade, "Look what we have here. The descendant of Yoriichi, reduced to nothing but a weak and frightened mouse." He said, his tone calm yet harsh.

Y/n's breathing was shallow, his body still shaking from the power that Kokushibou had just unleashed upon him. He tried to gather his voice, to find some shred of bravery within him.

"What do you want?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Kokushibou's six eyes stare at his, "What do I want? That's an easy question to answer, Y/n. I want you dead."

Y/n's heart sank at Kokushibou's words. He knew that this was a battle that he might not be able to win, but he also knew that he couldn't let the Upper Moon 1 go unscathed. He had to fight, no matter the cost.

Y/n knew that he needed to act fast. He swung his sword, infusing it with the power of the Sun Breathing. The blade exploded into flames, and Kokushibou could sense the familiar aura of his long-dead brother Yoriichi.

Kokushibou was amused by the display, and he acknowledged the strength of Y/n's breathing style.
"Sun Breathing, truly a marvel to behold," he said, his voice filled with a sense of nostalgia and admiration.

"Sorry, Michikatsu. I'm here to win. And you're not going to beat me with your stolen techniques." Y/n said implying to his demon powers and the fact that Moon Breathing is deprived from Sun.

"And what, are you going to beat me with *your* stolen techniques?" Kokushibou replies. as much as Y/n hates to admit it, Sun Breathing wasn't his after all.

Before Y/n could even react, Kokushibou burst into action, his demon-altered katana glinting in the moonlight. He swung his sword in a downward arc, and a flash of light filled the air as the steel blade sliced through the night.

"Moon Breathing."
Moon-Dragon Ringtail

A massive long-ranged curved slash that leaves dozens of crescent moon blades along its path, cutting through the air with a roar of power. The crescent moons followed the path of the saw-like slashes, flying at Y/n with a speed and precision that was almost unfathomable.