iV| Eye for detail

Start from the beginning

"I wish I understood more about this sport," Amelia pouted as she glanced at Holly. "I know the basics but they lose me once they talk starting fancy stuff."

"You only watch this sport for the men," Holly accused in amusement. "You are the person the men complain all women are."

"They're good-looking men."

"You can't even see them with their helmet on," Holly sighed. "Either way, you'll pick it up."

It was the first weekend Amelia had been to so Holly understood that she wasn't quite sure what was going on most of the time. She only watched it on tv if she was with Holly, it wasn't something she was all that interested in. Amelia was a Tennis fan.

Amelia complained. "I'm hungry."

"Let's go get some food then," Holly chuckled.

The two headed back into the paddock towards McLaren since Lando would need time to do his media duties. Holly didn't want to get in the way of that and besides, strolling around the paddock was quite nice, as well as hanging around McLaren.

Before she knew it, Holly was back in the garage for the main sprint race. Lando did quite well but Holly knew her brother, he wouldn't be happy with it. There wasn't much he could do and it was still an improvement on the car that Holly knew was needed.

"Let's go before it gets super busy," Amelia insisted as she took her headphones off.

Amelia dragged Holly back to hospitality, where they watched all the mechanics began to check everything and pack up for the day. Sprint weekends were always a lot busier and Holly enjoyed people watching. She'd also be lying if she said she didn't find some of the engineers incredibly well looking.

What could she say? She was a flirt and she wasn't going to deny it.

"Holly, can you please stop eying up every man that walks past," Amelia complained quietly. "How do you even managed to live a life when that's all you do?"

"I have a great life that way and a hell of a lot of fun if I want it," Holly admitted with a smirk.

Holly would admit, if someone asked, that she liked to have a good night...and a one-night stand...because she'd never been one for relationships. It was so much easier to avoid a relationship and everything that come with it when you had the profile she did.

How was she supposed to tell if someone just wanted her for her name and status?

"One day, you are going to sleep with the wrong person and regret it," Amelia huffed.

"Who's she sleeping with?" Lando's voice echoed quietly.

"No one!" Holly quickly stuttered.

As one could expect, Holly kept her adventures to herself and away from her brother. As far as he was concerned, she just had a good social life. Besides, it wasn't like Holly slept with any of Lando's friends, she did have standards.

"Right!" Lando hummed. "So no secret boyfriend?"

"Me? Never," Holly scoffed. "Anyway, you did well today. Don't be hard on yourself."

"I know, I know," Lando brushed off. "I'm going to be running late today so you can go back to the hotel if you want, I'll meet you there later."

"Alright," Holly hummed. "See you later."

Holly and Amelia did a quick check to make sure they still had all of their things before heading to leave the paddock. They were staying at the hotel that most of the drivers did because it was closer and provided the privacy Holly needed.

"Holly, look, it's Lewis!" Amelia gushed.

"Let's go say Hi—"

"No!"

"Why not?" Holly laughed as she dragged Amelia with her. "He's cool. I've met him before."

"I'll embarrass myself!" Amelia complained.

"Hi, Lewis! It's Holly, Lando's sister," Holly greeted kindly. "We met in Abu Dhabi last year."

"I remember," Lewis smiled. 

"This is Amelia," Holly introduced with a wink. "I think you'd get along well."

"Nice to meet you," Lewis greeted. "I saw you with George, I didn't know you two knew each other."

"We didn't. I'm really good friends with Alex and he introduced me to George," Holly explained. "I'm surprised Lando's never introduced me to George but he's awful at that sort of stuff."

"I think you'll get along with George," Lewis shrugged.

"You do?" Holly raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I do."

New Instagram notifications

georgerussell63 started following you

I haven't written a character as confident as holly and her personality in a very long time and I'm living for it

I haven't written a character as confident as holly and her personality in a very long time and I'm living for it...maybe I'm finally out of the shy character era...

Also...are we going to ship Lewis and Amelia? Make your statement now or forever hold your peace.