Xii| A date?

⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆🇬🇧⋆ ★⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : Dancing in the moonlight

"It's a supernatural delight"

As the month of May faded away, Holly's worries increased

As the month of May faded away, Holly's worries increased. She was spending all her time in St. George's Park Football centre, meaning she had to travel up to the midlands and away from the south. She didn't mind so much, though it was quite confining when she also stayed there. It was a job and she had to do it well, even if that meant being away from her family.

Besides, her parents were used to it. Lando lived in Monaco and was travelling the world racing so Holly going to Staffordshire for a short while wasn't going to cause any issues. Not to mention, she was a grown adult.

Lando had wanted her to go to the Monaco Grand Prix but it fell during the Super League weekend so she couldn't even if she wanted to. She was going to Silverstone so there weren't many hard feelings.

Holly liked the England Squad, even the new players who had joined, but she spent the majority of her time with fellow Chelsea players: Niamh and Millie. Holly liked to pride herself on being a good player but she also knew how good her fellow players were, as their couch Sarina Wiegman would agree.

"I can't believe you hate spiders, we're going to Australia!"

"I didn't chose to hate spiders...they are just...so crawly!"

A group of the women were in the gym training, something Holly loved. She had always been quite the gym freak and had the muscles to show for it. When she had to throw herself around and jump higher than the average person, she wanted to make sure she had the strength to do it. Her favourite thing to do was deadlifting and it made her laugh at people's faces when they didn't expect how much she could lift.

"Listen, I didn't chose for the world cup to be in Australia," Holly pointed out. "It's bad luck that I hate spiders...and snakes."

"I don't think you'll see that many, you'll be too busy," Niamh assured.

"I'm going to purposely find one for you," Chloe Kelly joked, glancing over at Holly.

"Don't you dare—"

"Leave the poor woman alone," Millie insisted with a laugh. "Ignore them, Hols."

"Can I call you Hols?" Chloe asked with a grin.

"No."

"Why not?"

"You just threatened me with spiders!" Holly glared at her. "Take it back and I'll let you call me Hols."

"Fine, I take it back!"

Chloe was around the same age as Holly so they got along quite well; apart from Chloe's teasing, she was lovely and Holly genuinely liked her. Then again, there was anyone on the squad that Holly disliked, she just didn't have a friendship with all of them.

With the World Cup Qualifiers happening, it was important that everyone on the team were on the same page and it meant Holly had to put up a strong defence. Of course, it was the players' job to keep the ball away from the goal and avoid putting the opposing team in a position where they could make an uncatchable goal.

"I heard you have gossip,Holly!" Niamh added. "So...how'd it go with George?"

"George? Who's George?" Chloe pressed.

"George Russell," Holly replied smoothly. "It's...going. I told Lando and he was cool with it."

"Isn't that fraternising with the enemy?" Chloe questioned, tilting her head. "He's on an opposite team right?"

"Formula 1 doesn't really work like that, they're not directly playing against one team. They're against another nine and most the drivers are friend anyway," Holly shrugged. "Besides, I'm not the one who's racing him, am I?"

"No, just the one sleeping with him!" Niamh laughed.

"Oi!" Holly threw one of her breakfast bars at her, though Niamh caught it. "That's my business...but things are going well. He's back to racing now and I'm here so we aren't going to see each other in person until Silverstone. It's not exclusive or anything...I don't know what it is."

"You can see him before July, Holly," Millie insisted. "There must be a weekend he's not racing. He can drive here to you."

"That's a lot to ask of him, Millie," Holly pointed out.

"Why?" Millie raised an eyebrow. "If he likes you, he'll do it, trust me. There's places you can go! Go out for dinner or something, it'll be nice."

⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆🇬🇧⋆ ★⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★

Holly Norris took Millie's advice. She was determined to have a nice dinner with George and not make it a one night stand situation. If Holly was going to be in a relationship with anyone, she wanted to know it was exclusive and that was the same rules for George too. That way, she'd truly know whether he had any sort of feelings for her and that was a good thing, right?

INSTAGRAM
Georgerussell63 and HollyNorris

Holly
Hi, do you want to go on a date?

George
Like a formal date?

Holly
Yeah, like
dinner i guess?

George
Yeah I'd be up for that

Holly
Great I just thought it was about time
I mean, it can't hurt right?

George
It'll be nice

Holly
I hope you don't mind
a little drive up to George's Park?

George
Where you train? When are you
thinking of doing this date?

Holly
Name a time and date
when you're back here and
I'll make the time

Since I'm just struggling too much with this book, I'm going to end it at chapter 20

Since I'm just struggling too much with this book, I'm going to end it at chapter 20. I know a lot of you love this book but it doesn't get enough engagement and I keep getting writer's block :C