Job Went Wrong, Horribly (Pt.2)

"Huh, where...?"

I opened my eyes and saw the surroundings. I realized that I was... stuck in a trash bin. Specifically, my buttocks were in it.

"Let go!- Kyah!"

I tried to get myself out of the bin, but it fell over instead. I managed to get out, though.

Standing up and patting my sore butt, I grabbed my cap from the ground and wiped off my dirty white coat. It looked like I had landed in some kind of alleyway.

I picked up my rifle and pistol that were lying on the ground. I inspected them, and nothing seemed to have been damaged. I holstered the pistol and held the rifle in my hands. Did they forget to take my knife from its sheath?

With my cap firmly in place, I cast a curious glance around me.

"I remember being thrown into a blue circle and fainting. When I woke up, I was already here."

Emerging from the alleyway, I surveyed the scene before me. Why does everything look so beat up? The buildings have a totally different vibe than Kivotos, with plain bricks and wooden doors.

This city... No, this is too small for a city. A... Town? Or what is it called again? Village? With this size and many trees, it's likely a village. There was even a banner on one of the houses. It looked like the symbol X or H.

I wandered through the messed-up village, looking for someone to talk to. Aside from birds chirping and a few drones passing by, it was dead silent. Nice to have some peace and quiet once in a while. After a bit more walking, I bumped into two folks patrolling with a machete and a crossbow. Must be the guards. I have to say hi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the two Reunion guards scanned the area for survivors from their invasion, their patrol was interrupted by the sight of a 'Sankta' woman wielding a rifle. The soldier instinctively raised his arm, halting the crossbowman in his tracks.

"Hm? What's the matter?"

"Over there," the soldier gestured, "a Sankta."

The crossbowman looks to where his partner is pointing.

"Hey, you're right- Ohh... Crap, she has a gun."

"Of course she does! The Sankta always use guns."

They noticed that the 'Sankta' was moving in their direction. The guards tensed, wary of her intentions.

"Dude, Are we gonna fight her?!"

"Shut up or she will hear it!" The soldier whispered sharply. "It would be better if we stay shut and hope she doesn't have any ill intention on us."

Saori reached their location and inquired, "I apologize for the intrusion, but could you tell me where we are?"

The crossbowman responded, "You could say that this a village in between Chernobog and Lungmen. Why are you here miss?"

Chernobog? Lungmen? The names were unfamiliar to Saori.

"I'm just lost. I'm sorry, but can you people guide me out of here to go toward... Chernobog?" Saori fabricated, hoping to conceal her true origins.

"Lost, eh? Are you a resident of Chernobog?" the crossbowman probed.

She mentally sweated. "Yes... I am. I just got into a little bit of a problem." She tried to deceive them. "Do you mind helping me?"

"So you are..." The Crossbowman mutters. "One of those pieces of shit!"

He pulled out his Crossbow and pulled the trigger toward her. The arrow flies through the air, aimed for the Saori's head. The arrow was met by a bullet fired from the rifle's barrel, breaking off in contact as they were near each other's travel distance. The Reunion guards are surprised with how fast her reaction time is.