Yancy Academy was for troubled kids, yet most of them had money and came from wealthy families- Luna and Percy did not. The girl was a year older than Percy, but she was forced to stay back a year because of behavioural and learning difficulties. It was a boarding school, meaning the kids were only home for the summer, which also meant they wouldn't be home for another year.

As the students gathered around statues, Mr Brunner explained, "What you see here are not fiction. They are not fantasies. What you see here are the truest and deepest parts of yourselves. They are reminders of what we are capable of." He paused, "Now, on your worksheets, I want you to choose one of the subjects you see here and describe it."

Reading and writing had never been a strength of Luna's, in fact, she couldn't read at all. The letters would move on the page, jumbling up and switching to form new words that didn't exist in the English language.

Luna sat down on the marble floor, leaning her back against a white pillar as Percy admired the statue in front of him. She tried to think how Percy would, the boy had a very creative mind, yet nothing came to her head. All Luna saw was a God, holding a head in his left arm bravely- she was more concerned why all the statues were half naked.

After a while, Percy snapped out of his gaze with a flinch, causing his pencil led to snap on his sheet of paper, "Mom?"

"I'm right here, sweetie!" Nancy Bobofit cooed sarcastically, "Mommy's here!"

Her friends laughed at her comment, which gained Luna's attention. She sat up from the pillar, raising her eyebrows, "What's your problem?"

"It's pretty clear, isn't it?" Nancy scoffed, "Percy is my problem."

Luna stood up from the floor quickly, her demeanour switching in a sudden instant. Percy, of course, knew what she was going to- she had already done it before. The boy sighed, "Lu, leave it. We're both on probation. It's the first day-"

"No, it's not fine." She interrupted, before approaching Nancy, "I thought you learnt from last time not to mess with my brother."

"If you hit me again, you'll be expelled, remember?" Nancy smirked slyly, "Besides, Percy practically asks for it. I mean, have you seen the way he acts?He's special."

Percy sighed, walking towards the two girls in attempt to stop her, "Don't do it, Luna-"

However, before the boy could finish speaking, Luna had already punched the girl straight in the face. Nancy stumbled down in an instant, as the gathering of students gasped in the loud silence. Percy pushed Luna back gently, stopping her from hitting her again, as Mr Brunner wheeled himself over to the situation as quick as he could.

"That's enough!" He declared, "Nancy, come with me and we'll get you cleaned up. Percy, take Luna outside for some fresh air." He paused, staring at Luna, "I'll chat with you later. Don't think you've gotten away with this, young lady."

"What the hell were you thinking!" Percy exclaimed as he guided the girl outside, "You heard Nancy, you're gonna get expelled-

"Percy." Luna interrupted.

"Your dad's gonna be so angry at you." Percy spoke quickly, "I mean, he might-"

"Percy!" Luna raised her voice, before hesitating, "You have to stop letting her treat you like shit. I had to do something."

"No, you didn't." Percy disagreed, "The way she treats me isn't your problem. I've been bullied my whole life, Lu, I'm used to it-"

"You shouldn't be!" The girl exclaimed, "You're a kid, Percy. You shouldn't be afraid of going to school, it's suppose to be safe."

"Well, it's not gonna be safe, because you've been expelled." Percy shot back sarcastically, "Therefore, I'm still at the bottom of the food chain."

Luna sighed, "Just next time she says anything, do something about it. Don't let her walk all over you, okay? You hear me?"

"Okay, okay, I hear you." Percy surrendered, before noticing the bright purple bruise on the girl's knuckles, "Holy shit. Have you broken it?"

"No." Luna deadpanned, before pausing for a moment. She lowered her voice, "If our parents ask us what happened, she hit me first, okay?"

Percy frowned, "But, she didn't even touch you-"

"She hit me first." Luna repeated sternly.

"Miss Ugliano!" Mr Brunner called from the distance, as he wheeled himself towards the step-siblings, "Miss Ugliano, a word, please."

Luna clenched then unclenched her first multiple times, as she nodded willingly. With each fist, an unbearable pain shot through her hand as a feeling of dread rushed through her body. Percy was right, it was definitely broken.

a/n:
my tiktok is _tvd.ed1ts_
if you want to see edits :)