Chapter 1

Chapter One:

I was 14 when I met Christian. It was a Monday night, I had basketball practice with the girls and we would be separated from the boys as per usual. It was always the same routine, suicide runs and dribbling practice. 

I got there around the usual time 4pm, and I was talking to a couple of girls that were on my team; Eloise and Casey. Casey was beautiful she had long blonde hair and gorgeous long legs, she was everything a guy would want, but she was a total bitch.

At practice that day, she was telling us about a boy that went to her school, his name was Christian. She told Eloise and I about how much she liked him and that he liked her, I was quite intrigued that someone had fallen for her and so we went to find this boy, that I had knew hardly anything about. As we were heading Christian's way, the coach told us that we would be training with the boys as their coach was away, at the time it meant nothing to me.  

We were heading over to where the boys were at, all in their red jerseys. But there was one boy that really stood out to me, his smile so captivating, so entrancing that it got me to smile just at the sight of it. However, little did I know, that that guy would turn out to be my friend's crush, Christian.

Later that afternoon, I was standing with another girl on my team and we were both laughing and staring at the guy, because we know that he know's that we know about about him and Casey.

I knew it was wrong, but it was so hard not to stare at him which made me lose focus on the task at hand, he was just so.. charming. I knew that he was Casey's, I knew I had a boyfriend, but somehow, deep inside, I wanted to impress him so he would notice me, not Casey, not any other girl, me. But, I had to bury the feeling because I couldn't do that to Casey, no matter how much of a bitch she is, and I couldn't do it because I had a boyfriend. 

That night after practice, I though about him. I thought about his beautiful smile that made my knees go weak. I dreamed about him at night his smile his eyes. I day dreamed about him too, which made focusing on class so very difficult. I was so out of it, I didn't know what was going on around me, it was just a blur. I kept thinking back to what happened when I first saw him, how nervous I felt, how he made my heart beat faster something I had never experienced before. I had to keep reminding myself, "Ella, he is Caseys, you have a boyfriend, you cannot go there". If i kept it up at this pace, I could see myself falling, falling hard, and for who? A guy I barely know and is taken by one of my friends.

Thursday nights were game nights, and I was really anxious and butterflies invaded my stomach. I don't know what I wanted to happen. Maybe for him to come sweep me off my feet and tell me he doesn't want Casey, he wants me. But deep inside, I knew it would never happen, he doesn't know my name I don't even think he knows i exist. 

Later that night, I was subbed out of my game. This allowed me the chance to look for him. Christian was in the middle of his game; shooting goals, scoring points, you know, the usual. As I stare at him, I thought to myself, "God he is so attractive". There was something about him, something that made me want him even though he is off limits. 

After our game was over, Casey told me that she was actually dating Christian and went to explain how happy she was that he finally asked her out. As soon as the words were out of her mouth, my heart literally dropped. I didn't even know Christian, we had never spoken, never had a conversation, and here i was getting all upset that he was dating Casey, my friend. It was abosultely, positively ridiculous. 

2 weeks had passed  since the news of Casey and Christian's relationship was anounced and I saw Christian a few times at training and at games. I tried so hard to not let my feelings escalating, I really did but sometimes you just can't help it. 

I was doing my homework one night, when a Facebook alert came up. Christian wanted to be my friend on Facebook. I didn’t know what to do. So, I accepted the request, but lacked in the confidence to actually start a conversation with him. That all dimished when him and Casey broke up and he became public enemy number one. I didn’t see him as an enemy, but I felt I had to for Casey’s sake because she hates his guts, but I didnt know why. I finally worked up the courage  to talk to Christian;

Ella Henson- 7:82pm: You know Casey is pissed at you right? Why though? She won’t tell us.

Christian Rawstron- 7:83pm: I broke up with her, she is a bitch, you should know that.

Ella Henson- 7:83pm: I know she is, everyone knows she is, did you only discover that now?

Christian Rawstron- 7:83pm: Unfortunately so. 

Ella Henson- 7:40pm: Aww poor Christian. 

We talked for hours that night, laughing at each other. He paid me out for not being able to shot real well and I paid him out for not realising that his ex-girlfriend was a bitch before he dated her. It was lovely, and all that progress I had made pushing away how i felt for him, everything came flooding back.

The next training session was with the boys again and I could feel myself flirting with Christian and I liked it, because I think he was flirting with me too from what I could tell. He asked why I was with my boyfriend and I honestly didn’t know what to say, so instead, we talked about anything and everything. 

As weeks passed, everyone was starting to question where Christian and I stood, and I didn’t know how to answer them. Training sessions after that were always with the boys, and I am glad they were.

It was about 2 months after Christian and Casey had broken up and we were at training and there were 5 of us. One being my best friend Charlotte. Charlotte has stunning orange hair, and sport runs in her genes. She's the type of person to always be there for you and true to that, she is always there for me. A group of us were all mucking around and no coach was present, I was flirting with Christian, he was paying me out and I was smiling like an idiot, as per usual.

We got into a water fight somehow, and he was drowned in water and I was drowned in water, we ended up out in the oval chasing each other and being stupid, and I knew then that I had to tell him how I felt. Even though I was still with my boyfriend and he's my friends ex, i just couldn't hold my feelings in any longer. I went to tell him right then and there, but he had to leave; his mother was waiting to take him home. I planned on confronting him later that night, and tell him how I felt and hope that he says what I want to hear. I was wrong. 

Christian Rawstron- 6:02pm: hahah, tell your boyfriend not to get mad at me for making his girlfriend wet! ;)

Ella Henson- 6:02pm: Hahaha, your cheeky, did you know that?

Christian Rawstron- 6:04pm: Yeah I know, but you like it! ;)

Ella Henson- 6:05pm: I need to tell you something.

Christian Rawstron- 6:05pm: Yes? 

Ella Henson- 6:10pm: I really like you. I like you a lot and I know I shouldn't giving the circumstances between you and Casey, but I can't help it. I think i'm falling for you and I don't know what to do. 

Christian Rawstron- 6:30: Ella, I'm sorry, but I just don't date girls that don't go to my school, It just would'nt work, I'm sorry.

* Ella Henson is offline*