⁴²

today there was a party. all of our friends were there. you didn't spear me a glance, not even once, but I'm okay with it.

we all sat on the floor, creating an imperfect circle with a bottle in the middle of it.

'simple, truth or dare with a bottle. if the bottom of the bottle points at you, then you ask, whoever it's pointed by the front needs to answer. if you don't wanna complete the dare that someone gives you, then you drink, same goes with the truth.' chan quickly explain, locking eyes with everyone, every once and then.

all of us nodded, including you, and the game started.

after a few truth's and dares, I was completely drunk, with flushed cheeks and spinning head.

it was my turn to spin the bottle and I did. it took me a few seconds to see that I needed to make a question now and that you were going to answer.

'truth or dare?' my words were sloppy and heavy.

your eyes landed on me.

'truth' you answered without thinking.

suddenly my heartbeat sped up. everything was moving and the noise disappeared.

suddenly I was so angry.

suddenly I was so exhausted.

suddenly I was so sad.

'is it true that you're a fucking asshole who only thinks about himself?' I growled.

chan got up silently and took my arm, trying to take me with him.

I pushed him away without thinking. now everyone in our friend group was looking at me with big eyes.

'is it true that you don't care about me and that you left me freezing for hours just to be with a girl or at a party?!' at this point, I was screaming. my eyes glassy.

'hannie, lets go-'

'shut up, chan!' I yelled, not looking up.

'is it true that I confessed my love to you and you didn't even care?!!! you ran away! you're ignoring me! just because I like you!'

silence

all you did was stare at me with those big doe eyes that I love so much.

'ji i-'

'don't call me that' I barked with clenched jaw. my eyes were narrowed and my head was aching.

'han-ah' you said in a broken whisper.

at this point everyone at the party was staring. and I wasn't nervous because i could only feel your eyes on me.

not my friend's

not the stranger's

just yours.

you hesitated to talk, opening and closing your mouth, letting me see your bunny teeth.

with each passing second my heart broke.

chan took me by my arm and got me out of there.

I was crying.

when did I start crying?

we reached his car and I hugged him, sniffing hard trying not to choke with my sobs.

'i hate him!' I shouted.

'you don't, you're just drunk and hurt' chan assured.

he's right.

I love you so much. I could never hate you.

jisungie