Cid Kagenou, My Dearest Younger Brother

ابدأ من البداية

Cid looked at me skeptically with his gaze, it's almost as if searching for the truth in my words. "Yeah yeah, but how can you be so sure? I haven't shown any good progress, right?"

"I'm just sure of it. I know I am," I affirmed, hoping to instill confidence in him.

"...whatever you say," Cid responded, his voice holding a tinge of skepticism, before he shifted his gaze towards the sky.

Leaving Cid to contemplate, I made my way towards our parents, who had been witnessing our sparring session. Their lack of understanding and discernment truly frustrated me. What could they of all people possibly know about combat and magical potential?

"Claire... I know you keep telling us about his potential and whatnot, but at this rate, I don't think he will even be able to..." My father, ever the egghead, began expressing his doubts about Cid's abilities.

I interrupted him. "I swear, and I'm telling you, one day he will outperform me. His growth may be slow, but it doesn't mean it won't happen."

My father shook his head, concern etched on his face. "But his current progress... I can only imagine the backlash he'd receive if he were sent to the capital."

I understood the potential challenges and scrutiny Cid would face if he were to be compared to me and, even worse, viewed in such a light that he begins to hate himself for it. It was a harsh reality, one I wanted to shield him from. I refused to let him endure that.

As I turned to catch one last glimpse of Cid, my heart sank as I saw the unmistakable misery etched across his face. It was a stark departure from the brother I knew. There was an unspoken longing in his eyes, as if he yearned to achieve something beyond his current grasp.

"Cid..." I muttered under my breath, my fists clenching in frustration.

I couldn't bear to see him like this, weighed down by what seemed like an insurmountable hardship. A look of someone who feels as though they themselves are a burden. I swore to myself, right then and there, that I would do everything in my power to help him improve, no matter how small the steps might be.

'/
|
\'

I wonder what technique I should steal from my original world? Hmm... maybe that '𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘵' one?

Anyway, the years passed by as usual and I'm now twelve years old. I'm currently facing a problem and I have been since Beta joined.

Because, well, it turns out, I have stolen the luck of all the failed gamblers out there. My bad.

In the wild tango of a world, my innocent bullshitting that immediately turned to bullspitting birthed a flood of unforeseen fax.

The sheer magnitude of my words had entered the minds of Alpha and the others, propelling us towards the destined path... like a river current guiding a wayward boat, or like me trying to dance at a wedding after a few too many drinks... okay that didn't really make sense but I tried.

To my utter astonishment, the fabrications I once weaved with untamed imagination revealed themselves as real existences.

The Cult of Diablos, a creation previously regarded as a mere whim by myself since I swore I made it up, slapped me with the sharp sting of reality. In this realm where possibilities know no bounds, the line between what's real and what's make-believe blurs... I mean, this is another world, what did I expect?