forty-six; you can't have him

Comenzar desde el principio

Zade closes his eyes and exhales a breath. "Yeah. He did."

I laugh sourly and shake my head to the ceiling. "Perfect."

"What happened? Where have you been?" Elin takes a step closer.

"I went to see Apollo," I say through burning eyes. "He told me Milo left the party with Henry and that I won't ever be good enough for him."

Elin's face scrunches up. "Fuck Apollo," he grumbles. "He has no idea what he's talking about. He doesn't know you guys together."

"He didn't even know that I was Milo's mate," I scoff frustratedly. "I thought they were friends."

Zade shakes his head. "Not that kind of friend. I doubt he told him because he moved on from that life. Don't think too deep, Nate. Have you heard from him?"

"No."

I turn around and face the window, looking out at the trees. "No one has heard from him?"

"No." I say again. "But that's why I need you to tell me where Keanu's pack house is so I can find Henry and fucking destroy him for even touching Milo. I don't want anyone finding out about this. I don't want anyone fucking knowing anything."

"Are you going to kill him?"

I shrug. "Maybe."

"Nate–"

"Don't you dare, 'Nate', me." I spit in their direction. "I don't expect you to understand what the fuck I'm going through. But my mate is nowhere to be seen, he could have spent the night with a hundred different men but if Apollo says he left with Henry, then I'm going to get answers."

Elin merely nods. "Alright," he huffs. "Leon will have it in his office."

I head over to Keanu's pack house twenty minutes later. I don't waste a second. I have to find out all my answers before I end up pulling my hair out from distress. My wolf has been sulking these last couple days.

Even if Milo could have done things to hurt us, he still wants him.

All of him. And as much as my heart has been shattering, I still want to know that he's okay even if he's ignoring me on purpose. I won't be able to rest until I know where he is.

If Everett and Reign haven't heard from him either–that's something else to worry about.

As I approach the house the guards stop me on the way in. "Name," he shouts. "Who are you here to see?"

"I'm here to see Henry," I mumble, his name like poison on my tongue. "Say that Nate is here to see him. Milo's mate."

The guard tilts his head but doesn't ask anymore questions. I spot the doors to the pack house open and someone walks outside. I squint to get a better look. Mousey brown hair, slim figure, small. I turn my nose up at the sight of him.

He was there. The night of the committee gathering. He was the asshole who was all over Milo like a fucking rash.

When he approaches the gates and the guards open them, he steps closer to me. "Oh well, isn't this a nice surprise?" He drawls. "I was wondering when you'd show up and play the jealous mate."

I flick my eyes between his rapidly. "When you're the one who is desperate for someone who has a mate?"

The corner of his mouth flicks. "Let's take a walk."

So I can slash your throat in private? "Gladly."

We move away from the guards and head down the street and into a private road. "What the fuck is your obsession with my mate?" I spit at him.