Chapter 17: Breaking Dawn

Start from the beginning

I took a second glance at the clothes Theseus showed me. Being a noble is kinda tough. Oh well, let's just wear anything.

I picked a light and comfortable outfit; apple green long-sleeve, white pants, brown boots, and a white laced tie to match my long hair. My hair has been growing long now that I have noticed.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked.

"The plaza you went before, young master."

I frowned. Again? "I have gone there already."

Theseus smiled, he was arranging the clothes I picked. I sat on the bed, holding the edges of my robe, my head turned outside the window.

"This is the first day of celebrating the Agnes Festival, there will be many items you can buy. You can also buy stones or gems to add to your collection. A lot of sellers display their best product even the rarest and special ones." Theseus said. I almost jumped with a cold sweat. Why are we suddenly talking about this? When I'm so careful about keeping it low.

This guy catches on fast.

How did know that? How did he know I had taken an interest in collecting gems and stones? I planned to collect them for my future interest and investment.

Like what in the books I used to read in reincarnation novels. When reincarnated noble characters try to avoid their death or their worst fate, they would collect money by gathering jewels, treasures, or anything that can be sold for money. To escape and live a happy life.

A really common yet rational objective in reincarnated themes but here I am doing the same too.

Collecting gems and shining stones is interesting, it just caught my eye other than the purpose of using it in the future.

I imagined that if I could collect as many as these stones, I could get out of there and use them to live a rather peaceful life. These stones are highly expensive, you know.

Maybe I was just obsessed with money.

I escaped a small laugh. Oh, should I go to the plaza, then? I can't wait.

"Young master?" Theseus called. He has a questioning look.

"You seem delighted. The clothes are ready. Our carriages are waiting outside, it won't matter if you take your time changing. Well then, I will take my leave. I will be waiting outside."

Theseus bowed and quietly left. He was behaving nicely after I got out of the bath. Is he planning someone?

Now, he's gone. He was behaving nicely after I got out of the bath. Is he planning someone? Nevermind.

Then, should I dress?

The earlier I go, the earlier I can go home, right?

***

"What is this?!" I yelp, tugging Theseus's shirt. I was giving a questioning look.

"I thought you would like it. You can buy whatever you want, young master. The first master will take care of it." He smugly looked at me with a gentlemanly smile.

Hah?!

"Young master?"

Why are we here?! Why are you looking at me like you did nothing wrong?!

Why are we in a jewelry shop?!

I thought we'd just go buy in a store or something on the road?! I don't mind, anyway!

I thought it was suspicious that we were passing a lot of fancy structures, I told him where are we going but that annoying guy only told me we were going to a store in the plaza.