Chapter 3: Glastieve's Household

The family of Glastieve was known to be unsociable to the public. They don't attract too much attention but they're power in nobility was in par in the kingdoms power just like the other three.

Glastieve dukedom didn't like public attention that's why whatever happens in the dukedom stay at the dukedom. All affairs are all been kept in the household and people outside won't hear a sentence of it.

The Glastieve household though really hard to see also attends is social gatherings and socialize. But, Duke of Glastieve is hard to approach. He only attends on parties when it's important. That's why he's picky.

Morin Gregory Glastieve, is the Duke of Glastieve. To all people he was known to a cold, heartless, unapproachable, cruel man. He descend on his position of duke when he reaches at his 17 years of age.

How young.

As soon as he was reigned as duke of Glastieve he went on war against the neighboring country. He was the leader that led the soldiers into victory that lasted for four years.

The achievements the duke made reaches everywhere even outside the country. Though everyone admires his greatness a lot of people still fear him within the rumors of him being a monster on battlefield.

Even a stare on him could make you shiver in fear. Truly a cold man. The moment the duke comes back at the capital a lot of letters swarm in his dukedom.

It was all about marriage proposals, congratulations, and many more. But, the duke just disregard it and order to burn it. Then, the duke reaches his age where he should get married. He was twenty three. Even though a lot marriage proposals were sent he only decide to choose a woman he particularly taken on his interest.

Her name was Aurelia Mircalla Sevonachiege. The eldest daughter of the marquis. Aurelia is kind woman. At first she didn't expect for the duke to accept her marriage proposal but it came to her surprise when the letters of Glastieve dukedom arrived.

The reason why the duke decided to marry Aurelia because she was not like other woman he saw trying to tie him up because of his power and wealth. Aurelia was different.

The news spread like a wild fire about the upcoming wedding of the duke. Some are happy and some are jealous to the soon-to-be wife of the duke and the future duchess.

The duchess and duke unbeknownst to people didn't actually love each other. The duke didn't love the duchess but cared like a friend. Same goes to the duchess. It was a political marriage, they said. The duchess also didn't love the duke but cared. They were mutual friends but not lovers.

Months after their marriage the duchess was revealed to be pregnant to the future heir of dukedom. Even the duke was overjoyed with the news. He will soon to be a father at last.

Aurelia, the duke's closest aids, and the duke's family butler only knew about the Duke's personality. He was good, gentle, kind man.

Yes, it true that he was heartless when it comes to the battlefield but no one will dare to hurt the ones he loved and cared. That's the man the duke was. A benevolent man despite all the rumors about him. Yet, to him the rumors are still helpful.

Morin and Aurelia's first born child was a boy. They named him, Raffaelo Arls Letonni Glastieve. And their second child after four months is Raffael Mavince Quin Glastieve.

It was one of the joyous days of dukedom. The birth of the two sons. But, it still lasted. The duchess died  after seven years because of the illness the duchess have in her heart that was too late to heal.

Morin, even though didn't love Aurelia he still deeply cared for her because to him she was his best friend. And that day, he lost her. Morin didn't drown himself to sadness because he still have his two sons to take care at.