41. Disobedience and Consequences

Start from the beginning

Sirius' birthday was just around the corner, or more specifically, in two days. Because of all the commotion, the Marauders didn't plan anything so they were currently in the Gryffindor common room, trying to come up with something interesting.

"I don't want to turn everyone into frogs. That's too much work.", Sirius complained from the couch, "Let's just do something chill and low effort.", he placed the Shakespear's Assortment of Tragedies, which he was reading again, on his head in an attempt to avoid James' annoying stare.

In reality, his last birthday was the best one he ever had. He wanted to celebrate again and have great time, but the whole dueling older Slytherins thing really tired his brain out. Sirius just wanted to do something fun without putting as much work and thought into it.

The sound of someone banging their head on the coffee table interrupted Sirius' blank mind. He already knew that it was Peter who made the sound since he was sitting on the carpet next to the coffee table. This was proven to Sirius as soon as he heard the small boy speak, "You can't just expect something to fall into your lap without any planning.", Peter's voice was muffled and he seemed quite done with this discussion since the banging stopped.

In that exact moment, the Fat Lady portrait swung open grabbing Sirius' attention. The old book fell back into his lap as he sat up with the intention to look at the entrance to the common room, but before he did so, Sirius rolled his eyes at the sight of Peter's head still on the coffee table.

William Pettigrew walked in like he was a standard Gryffindor student and not a Ravenclaw trespasser.

His eyes immediately fell on Marauders, "I knew I would find you here. The castle seemed way too quiet.", he exclaimed happily to them while taking a seat on the floor next to Peter, "What's up with him?", William poked Peter's fallen head.

Remus narrowed his eyes at the older boy, "How did you get in?", but William just waved a dismissing hand at him, "Sturgis overheard some Gryffindor first year talking about how stupid it is for your password to be Godric. I must say that I completely agree with them."

Sirius and James both huffed at the insult directed at their beloved house. This also seemed to catch Peter's attention since he lifted his head and looked at William, "What's your password then oh so intelligent Ravenclaw?", he mocked, but William dismissed him as well, "It's always a different riddle you have to solve. Anyway, I'm here to tell you something."

This peaked all of their interest, but, like always, Sirius was the first one to speak, "Tell us what?"

William threw his arm around Peter's shoulder, "Well, you see, the word about your little duel and red prank reached pretty much everyone by this point.", he nodded towards Sirius, James and Remus while giving Peter a pat on the back, "We have a match with Slytherins this Saturday and if we win, there'll be a party in the Ravenclaw Tower.", he wiggled his eyebrows knowingly.

Sirius was grateful for Remus since the boy wanted to go straight to the point just like him, "What does that have to do with us?", Remus questioned while closing his book, his full attention was now on William.

The older boy gave them a sly smile, "Well, the Slytherins are pretty angry because of everything you all did to them. Selwyn seems quite embarrassed since his wand was taken by a family disappointment.", he said jokingly while making quotation marks with his hands and this was the first time when Sirius really felt like laughing while being called that. The title started bothering him less and less with each mention of it, especially when it was used in a joking manner from one of his friends. Somehow joking about it made it way less offending than it actually was.