Chapter 14: The Ending Part 1 (with a plot twist)

Start from the beginning

Lily: Where's Dad?

Chase is seen, frozen and heavily panting, realizing he has at least ONE family member. He mutters a few words, taken by surprise ever since the recently defeated Victor told him the truth.

Chase: (stammering) I - - I - - Ha - - Ha - - Have - - Have - - a - - fath - - fath . . . er!

Ryder: (Walking to the shivering pup) It's going to be okay, Chase. (Pets Chase) It'll be okay.

Rubble: So, wait. Did we just save the timeline as we know it?

Tundra: It appears so, Rubble.

Liberty: Ah, I knew we could do it.

Junior: Did Merlin tell you?

Rocky: HOW MANY THINGS ARE WE GOING TO NEED TO KNOW FROM LIBERTY!?!

Aurora: A WHOLE lot of things, Dad.

Skye: Chase seems shaken.

Max: Yeah. He never told us if we had a grandfather or not.

Lily: And I think we just figured out why.

Marshall: How?

Lily: He never knew him.

Zuma: Poor dude.

Winter: But how are we gonna get home?

Rocky: Heh. Don't worry, guys. (Walks over to the device Victor put together) I could take a fragment from this, which is actually the original portal device, (takes it off) and since it looks like it's not damaged, we could take one portal back to Adventure Bay 2023.

Everyone cheers, knowing they have a way to get home since they have won. Later, the pups group up. Junior is with Marshall and Everest. Sage, Aurora and Winter are gathered with Ricky and Tundra. And Rubble, Liberty and Zuma are grouped up. The only pup missing was Chase.

Rocky: Where's Chase? I got the device ready.

Ryder: (with a knowing expression on his face) I think I know.

Meanwhile, Chase is at the same sidewalk in Adventure City where he got abandoned. He watches from an alley as he sees the red truck pull up. His eyes widen at the sight of his original owners' faces. One female, who was dropping him off, and one male driving the truck as they leave the young week-old version of Chase. Chase thought he could cry, seeing himself as not even a month old being forced to survive against everything. As the young pup runs around he comes up a crosswalk. The older Chase started watching himself nearly get run over by the same truck that stopped because Ryder held his hand out, saving the pup. Chase's eyes widen more at the sight of young Ryder, helping the young Chase. He then realizes that even in the darkest of times, there is only one thing that is important: the comfort of your loved ones. For Chase, it's Ryder. His girlfriend Skye. His brother Marshall. His friends and his future family. Ryder from the present comes up behind Chase and asks his pup a question.

Ryder: Ready to go?

Chase: Yeah. (Sniffles) I've seen too much of time travel as it is.

Later, the entire PAW Patrol, present and future, group up and Rocky and Sage press the button in the device, sending them through a portal to Adventure Bay, 2023 where our present-time heroes met the next gen pups. Then at the Lookout in 2023, their portal opens up and everyone comes out as the portal closes. 

Zuma: FINALLY I can get out of this jacket: (takes apocalyptic jacket off)

Liberty: We'll, I'M going to give this to Junior, since he wants it more than I do.