SCREAMING HOWLERS!

Jade leaned in close to Draco, her voice barely above a whisper, as she pointed at the smoking envelope that Ron was clutching. Curiosity filled her eyes as she asked, "What's that?" 

Ron's face twisted in horror, causing Draco to burst into laughter. "That's a howler." he said amused.

Jade's curiosity got the better of her, and she couldn't resist asking, "What exactly is a howler?" 

Daphne, unable to contain her amusement, responded with a chuckle, "You'll soon find out when he opens it." 

Eager to learn more, Jade shifted her attention towards the Gryffindor table. 

"What's a Howler?" She heard Harry ask Ron and Neville.

However, Neville and Ron couldn't tear their eyes away from the letter, wisps of smoke curling from its corners.

"Go ahead, open it," Neville encouraged. "It'll be over before you know it--" Ron extended his hand, his fingers trembling, and gently removed the envelope from Errol's beak, tearing it open.

Neville swiftly plugged his ears with his fingers. In an instant, Jade understood the reason and promptly covered her ears too. Although Jade wasn't sitting by his side, her sensitive hearing made it seem like she was right there next to him. 

Jade thought for a moment that the letter had exploded; a roar of sound filled the huge hall, shaking the dust from the ceiling.

"...STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE..."  

Mrs. Weasley yells, a hundred times louder than usual, making the plates and spoons rattle on the table and echo deafeningly off the stone walls. Whispers and murmurs filled the air as the crowd in the hall craned their necks to identify the person who had just received the dreaded Howler. Ron, feeling utterly humiliated, slumped down in his seat, his face turning as red as a ripe tomato.

Unable to suppress her laughter any longer, Jade found herself giggling at the sight of Ron's embarrassed expression. 'If he looks like this now, later, is definitely going to be amusing.' She thought to herself.

"...LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED... YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

A ringing silence fell. The scarlet envelope slipped from Ron's grasp, igniting in a sudden blaze before crumbling into a delicate pile of ashes. Harry and Ron were left dumbfounded, as if a colossal wave had crashed upon them, leaving them bewildered. Laughter erupted, particularly from the Slytherin table, spreading a wave of amusement throughout the Great Hall. 

As the laughter subsided, conversations gradually resumed, filling the room with a lively buzz. Jade watched as Hermione closed her book; Voyages with Vampires, and looked down at the top of Ron's head. "Well, I don't know what you expected, Ron, but you-"

Ron's words were filled with anger as he snapped, "Don't say that I deserved it!" 

Jade slid her bowl of porridge to the side, her excitement bubbling over at the thought of Ron's impending downfall later that evening. However, she couldn't afford to dwell on it for long. Professor Snape was making his way down the Slytherin table, distributing the course schedules.

The Fox In A Snake Pit! Story 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें