Chapter 3

" So, it was your work, both of you. Thank you for saving Linshi's life." The concubine said to you both. But the girls quickly bowed " P-Please, We are not worthy of such kindness" You said with a blush on your cheeks.

" Don't say that ! I can't ever thank you enough. You noth are my baby's savior"

" I think you have the wrong person" Mao mao exclaimed " There must be a misunderstanding" You add with a chuckle but was fast interrupted by the eunuch, Jinshi.

" I must show to you what concubine Gyokuyou gave me " He reveals a piece of fabric. Then he smirked " Did you know this fabric is used in the clothing for the serving girls?" He looked at you with piercing eyes " For Y/n, she must not know since she was a lady in waiting for concubine Lihua but for you, Mao Mao you must have known"

Mao mao quickly covered her skirt with her hands, embarrassed " Now, you will explain why you put that flower on the windowsill."

Then Mao mao and you started to explain, how you both figured that it was the makeup powder. Since she, Mao Mao, lived in the brothels she was used to this problem. However, you weren't interested in any types of poisons before but you took interested in, and because of Mao Mao she taught you eveything.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈ Flashback ༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

" Mao mao !!" You called as you ran. Mao mao was doing laudry as usual. You were still a lady in waiting. " Mao Mao.." You grabbed both her hands full of soap " Please teach me all you know about poison !" She widened her eyes " How did you know that I was a apothecary before coming here ?"

" It just that I saw the look on your face when you see the flowers/plants with poison or medicine. That's how I figured it out." You said with a smile. Mao Mao sighs, your smile turned into a frown when you heard her sigh " But if you don't want to, it's okay !"

"No! No ! it's not like that ! I'm happy that I will have to share a hobby with someone! Okay then we will start with the differents types of poison " Mao Mao start explaining with sparkles in her eyes. You looked at her with admiration.

" That's for today, tomorrow you will learn something else."

" Yay! You're the best, Mao Mao!" You smiled brightly, your smile was so innocent and cute that Mao Mao blushed a bit with embarrassment.

Then, day after day, you start to have the knowledge of Mao Mao about poison but you were sure that no one will ever surpass her in terms of supporting the poison. Then one day, a illness happened, the one that took away the prince you knew that you had to use you knowledge. However no one believed you at the Crystal Pavillon. Maybe it was a good thing to have you fired from the palace becaus the others ladies weren't nice at all.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈ Flashback ends༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

" I used to be an apothecary, so I know a few things about poisons." Mao Mao declared. You took her hand in yours, supproting her quietly. You smiled at her, then turned to the concubine and eunuch. " When I saw your message, I told Concubine Lihua about it, as well. But it seemed like evrything I said only made her believe me less" ' Lady Lihua...' You thought about the time you tried to warn her about it but she didn't believe you. " I also told her about the poison, the powder but she didn't believe me. So I tried to destroy it but I was caught then send here as a servant girl". You said with a sad face, you felt a squeeze on your hand, it was Mao Mao.

" I'm so sorry that it happened to you, dear" Lady Gyokuyou said.

" So....What can we do for you ?" You both ask at the same time.

Lady Gyokuyou smiled brigtly " Well, starting today, you both will be my lady in waiting !"

" Huh ??"

Leaving, The Jade Pavillon, Mao Mao quicken the walk making you run a bit " Mao Mao, calm down!" You shout.

" Everything will be okay, don't stress out !" You smiled as you hugged reassuring her .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be a week when you first enter the Jade Pavillon and introduced to the other ladies, they were so much nicer than Lady Lihua's ones. Some drama happened like a medium concubine left the court to be with her lover. Now, Mao Mao and you were sent to heal Lady Lihua. When you were informed, you were worried about. It seems as the deah of her son affected her very much. You were about to meet with your former colleages in your hands a meal for Lady Lihua for her to recover.

" What food you want to feed her ?! It's so disguting ? Who want to eat vegetable soup?" The leader of the group, asked fiercely.

Then out of nowhere, you were kick out followed by Mao Mao. You both sigh then stood up trying to find an another strategic.
Wondering if a new strategy, you didn't notice Master Jinshi. So, in results you bump into him.
"ah-! Sorry Jinshi- sama, I didn't notice you "
"Don't worry about it, where is Mao Mao ??" he asked as he look around to find Mao Mao.
" Right here" A voice said, the apothecary appeared making you and Jinshi jumped. 

" Mao Mao don't do this again please !" You pleaded and wrapped your arms around her. Then a whisper could heard between your to ears " If it helps I can come inside".

" Jinshi-sama ! What are you doing with those low servant?!" The ladies in waiting exclaimed. Jinshi just smiled at them.

Then you were in front of Lady Lihua beside Mao Mao, " Lady Lihua" you whispered as you feel the tears coming to  yours eyes. " Let's go, Y/n" Mao Mao took your hands. Mao Mao gave her food but she instantly coughed up. Then you swipe her chin to clean her. You noticed that some powder where on her skin, you nudged Mao mao for her to notice. Your eyes darkened, then mao mao asked " Who is doing her makeu-" You aldready who did tis task so you walked to her and slapped her hard enough to make her kneel.  You took a hand of her hair, she screamed in pain 

" I already told you, didn't I ? This damn powder is poisoned. Didn't your little brain catch on? Now, go clean her up, you dumbass"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During weeks, You took turns with Mao mao to take care of Lady Lihua. You were both exhausted. But she quickly healed and was able to walk by herself. You wait for Lady Lihua for her dinner but fell asleep waiting for her. You woke up to pat on your head, it seems that Lady Lihua took pleasure of playing with your hair. " Dear ? You're awake ? Sorry for disturbing you"

" Don't worry, Lady Lihua. " You said. Then an akward silence was in the room " Y/N, I was wondering if you could come back as my lady in waiting. I know that you are Lady Gyokuyou's  but I still want to believe there is a chance for you to come bakc. I'm sorry I didn't believe back then about the powder who took the life of my child but please come back.

Do you accept ?"

( Tell me if you want to come back to Lady Lihua or stay with Lady Gyokuyou)