now and then

"Thanks for the call guys I hope that I can see y'all soon.." I said as I hanged up the FaceTime call. I took the headphones off my head and decided to go out for a running session.

Before continuing I should introduce myself. My name is Amelia Hart. I am half Australian half British and I used to live in a peaceful area outside London but my family moved to Italy when I had just finished school.Italy was much more different than England but I fell in love with it.

I know how to speak Italian. Not fluently but I can keep a conversation going. My parents chose a small city close to Venice to stay at. I find it interesting though.

During the lockdown I couldn't really travel so I would just have mini road trips with some friends close to Venice. We even visited Verona and Bologna. I need to bring you back to present though.

Long story short. I used to date someone when I lived in England. We would go to the same boarding school, we both had busy parents. He had crazy dreams a child. He wanted to become an f1 driver.

We would watch f1 together even if I couldn't understand what was happening there. He would explain things to me. His name was Oscar Piastri. He finished school earlier than me because he was one year older.

I still remember the day he asked me to break up. He was my lover through my teenager years. We went through so many hard situations together. But I had to let him go, I had to let him chase his dream. Since that day,I never heard anything from him.

Back to Italy. I met a lot of new people here. People in Italy are big f1 lovers and this brought me a lot of bad memories. I stopped watching f1 after the breakup. It only reminded me of Oscar.

One day however, I had to go to my university and I was running late. I was running to catch the bus and I bumped into a guy. His name is Fred. Frederik Vesti. He helped me out with my books and he even gave me a lift.

From that day we became close friends. We couldn't really see each other during the lockdown years, so we hanged out officially as friends two years after that incident. It's very funny to explain it to friends.

Frederik recently introduced me to some friends of his. Logan, Arthur and Robert. They all have the same dream with Oscar. They want to become f1 drivers and they were some stages behind that.

I never mentioned Oscar to them. After all, a lot of years had passed. He was just a random person from the past. It has always been just us five. They are like a second family to me. Logan got into f1 recently and we were all very happy about him.

I can't wait to finish my university studies. Logan claims that f1 needs a lot of new photographers and since my studies are related to photography I am the perfect person for that work. I hope that he's right.

A new season is about to start. We were on a call discussing about that. Frederik wants me to travel with him to some of his race. Logan also said that he wants us to accompany him. He says that people are a bit distant to him since he's new.

I genuinely feel bad about him. I am pretty sure that he has a lot of potential. I don't know a lot of things about f1. Like I said. When I think about it I can only remember Oscar explaining things to me.

I have to go back to my university tomorrow. It's the last day until our summer break. Then I'll be travelling with the boys. I have been waiting for this moment to come. I left my things on my nightstand. I have a long day tomorrow.

The next day I woke up early. I took a shower and prepared myself for the day. Fred said that he would come to pick me up so that we can both grab some coffee. Our flight is tomorrow. I can't believe that I will finally get to see Logan race.