I. Unfair World

Two kids were sitting on a branch... hidden in the crown of a tall conifer. No one passing by could possibly see them at that height and that always made it kind of magical. Huening Kai would always be a part of their special group, but on that day it was only Beomgyu and his best friend next door. 

When he saw a couple kissing on the bus stop nearby, the curious question came back to his mind. He was never very shy and Taehyun knew him very well, so he told him without any hesitation: "I always wonder how does it feel to kiss someone... they always end up kissing each other in dramas and it looks so pretty..." 

Taehyun only chuckled and hugged the tree trunk... maybe he was kind of afraid that he might fly away if he didn't do that. "Don't you find it annoying?" 

"Mhmm... maybe sometimes? Some ladies act pretty cringe," little Beomgyu dramatically threw his hand to imitate those women, "but my lips always tickle thinking about that." 

Boys laughed... loud enough to attract the attention of the in-love couple. Beomgyu bit his knuckles with an "oop" expression and looked at Taehyun. 

"Do you want to try it, hyung?" his boy next door asked with unexpected sparkles in his big eyes. Back then Beomgyu wasn't really sure what does it mean, but he felt that weird feeling in his body. His eyes suddenly shone as well - this is their hiding place and... it's his bestie Taehyun! There is no more secure way to try it, isn't it? 

"I could?" 

"I'm pretty curious, too... so if you want to-" 

+x+

Beomgyu sat on the swing, waiting for his best friend and looking at the memory in the crown of the tree. The lowest branch thanks to which they could climb higher was already gone for a couple of years. 

He subconsciously touched his lips and when he noticed Taehyun approaching him, he jumped of the swing. 

"Am I too late?" Tyun asked, looking a bit in a rush. 

"No, actually I am too early... Can we go?" 

Taehyun nodded, then Beomgyu put his arm around his shoulders and they headed straight to the school. 

He rolled his eyes out loud, when the first group of students he saw was also the group of people he hated the most. It were those popular playboys he just couldn't stand. 

"Can't I start my day peacefully?" Beomgyu sighed. 

"Maybe he won't notice you, if I'll go in front of you," suggested Taehyun, already walking a little ahead of Beomgyu, and flatly fixed his cap. 

"Very doubtful. Maybe you've got this ability to be invisible, but that doesn't apply to me. I think he have some radar to always notice me," Gyu faked a sob and tried to walk as fast as possible. 

Well, it wasn't the best strategy, because he suddenly felt eyes on his back. Let me go... just let me go... 

Soon the friends reached the lockers, Beomgyu threw his bag into it and tried to pull out the books he needed, but he was suddenly so nervous - he wouldn't be so nervous even if he played some survival game by the way - that he didn't even notice those books were stuck and he needed to move them a little bit to pull them out. 

"May I help you?" the annoying voice spoke from behind. He didn't see the guy, but he could clearly imagine that smirk and the strange look with which he always looked at him. 

Why me?! I don't even care about your shining selfish self, Yeonjun! 

"May I help you?" Beomgyu quickly turned to him being so annoyed. He repeated his question, face to face clearly showing his unpleasant feelings towards the older guy. 

"Tsk. Should I punch you or- ahhh," Yeonjun mumbled, looking at Beomgyu head to toe. "You should at least respect me a little bit," he sighed. 

"Oh! I'm sorry... I wonder how low should I bow to you, sir Yeonjun." 

Just when Beomgyu fell on his knees, he noticed another pair of shoes next to him. Recognizing the white sneakers he stood up back to his feet and fleetly fixed his hair. Damn it... my husband. 

"Any problem, sunbaenim?" Huening Kai asked Yeonjun politely, looking at him with those innocent yet strong and charming eyes. He grabbed Beomgyu's hand a bit possessively. 

Seeing them side by side Yeonjun's cool face melted and he smirked because of this absurd situation. His hilarious besties are everywhere... He rubbed his nose and chuckled, thinking if this all is really needed... but no one else found it funny. 

"F*ck, are you guys serious? Do I look like some kind of bully or what?" 

"Just go away, Yeonjun. He doesn't care about you," Taehyun finally spoke in a cool tone and Beomgyu bit his lip, as he noticed Tyun clenching his fists. He was pretty sure that his friends would gladly kick Yeonjun's ass, if he touched him. 

He almost felt pity for Yeonjun, but luckily it left as soon as the older guy got lost from his view. 

Sigh. 

+x+

It was pretty late... Beomgyu and Huening Kai were lying in Gyu's bed... cuddling and watching the soothing fire surrounded by sheets of glass on the floor. No one could make Beomgyu feel so calm and safe as Kai could. He cared about him so much and always treated him the best... it was pretty hard to not fall for him. 

"Sometimes I still think about how it would be like... to be with you... to marry you," Beomgyu whispered, lying on Huening Kai's chest and running his fingers over him. Hyuka was quietly caressing his back and enjoying his presence... at any time he could lose the chance to do it again. 

"And I'm still waiting for you to change your mind...," he breathed out closing his eyes. 

Beomgyu snuggled up his face into Kai's chest. 

"We can't do that to Tyun... He was my childhood love and he is still in love with me - you know that." 

There was a short silence filled with the quiet crackling of fire. 

"Maybe he would join us? I like him quite a bit too, anyways." 

Are you crazy? Beomgyu glanced at Huening Kai with his shining eyes wide open and grin on his lips. Not like he wouldn't like the idea at all, but it was pretty unreal. 

"As if he could agree with that?" 

"Why not?" Kai asked acting calm and serious, "you must agree I'm really amazing and I think... hypothetically, I can be a good lover for both of you. How could he resist my charms?" 

Gyu got a little bit lost in his fantasy, before he shook his head. 

"Ahh come on... that can never happen in this dumb world. Don't give me false unrealistic hopes." 

"Well... I'll try it next time," Hyuka chuckled over Beomgyu's confusion and hugged him tight. At least they can cuddle anytime... it was so precious for both of them. 

+x+

I didn't chose Beomgyu's final lover yet, so you can vote for your favorite candidate in each chapter and help him win Beomgyu's heart ^^ :D Soobin will probably have a bit of a disadvantage for a few chapters, but if you don't like taegyu, beomka...

I didn't chose Beomgyu's final lover yet, so you can vote for your favorite candidate in each chapter and help him win Beomgyu's heart ^^ :D Soobin will probably have a bit of a disadvantage for a few chapters, but if you don't like taegyu, beomkai or yeongyu, then you can vote for soogyu :DD <3