Complicated.

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." – Margaret Mitchell.

Penelope got back into her room, locked the door, and rested her head against it. Fuck her bra is on his floor. She had left in such a hurry she only had her dress, soaked panties, and his oversized tee on her person. She placed her hand on her chest to regulate her breathing. Did that just happen? Penelope couldn't believe the last twenty minutes, or even the last 24 hours. It was like a whirlwind, a rollercoaster... but one she didn't want to get off.

Well not just yet.

She jumped in the shower, and washed away the smell of alcohol, particularly tequila. 'Damn you Michael Stirling' she muttered to herself. She never did like tequila, but every time he looked at her, she definitely needed a drink.

Well at least this summer, was different...

When she was finally ready, she took herself down the stairs towards the sound of a cackling Bridgerton clan. Today's activities today involved clay pigeon shooting, and some afternoon tea on a fancy estate (I don't know how it could be fancier than Aubrey Hall which belonged to the Bridgerton's). Violet had arranged it all as a treat for the 'kids', to keep then occupied and 'out her hair'.

The dress code? Fancy pants.

The boys would probably have their country attire on, which involved fitted trousers, a shirt & tie, an over layered jumper, along with a gilet and all topped off with a tweed hat. There was something quite exciting about seeing Colin dressed like that this summer. Violet always made it mandatory every summer for their different hunts, so Penelope would see him like that most summers off shooting, and well the excitement of looking at him this summer was completely different to others, because instead of imagining what's underneath... she had already seen it.

... and she desperately wanted to see it all again.

Penelope had opted for a simple white strappy summer dress, it had crochet detail along the bust, it paired well with her red block heeled sandals. She decided that her hair up was the best option today, as the humidity would send her hair into a curled frenzy. So, she gathered the curls and clasped it all up with her silver jewelled claw clip. To finish it off, she added am essential deep red lip. Red lips gave her a new attitude, there was something about red lips... she knew it would be tempting as Colin wouldn't be able to kiss her without making it painfully obvious that they had been up to something.

The game was on.

When she got to the kitchen, a croissant was thrusted into her hand by Francesca, and then she hooked her arm with hers and pulled her towards the cars outside. They all bundled into the different range rovers and made their way to the site. Violet explained there would be clay shooting and tea on the lawn for before and after (and in between if people didn't want to shoot) So, they would be more than catered too for most of the day. Penelope was excited, it was the first time the girls had ever been invited along to something like this along with the boys, and well, she was ready to give it a go. She had done some shooting with her grandfather before he passed away, and he always said she had the best "Featherington shot".

I guess that meant she was good?

Eloise would always tag along, and she was hopeless as she could never stay quiet enough to pull a trigger. The only bullets she sprayed were her words. Colin was the designated driver today, and Penelope was sat in the back, since young Gregory shot gunned straight away.

Her heart sank a little, but I suppose being distant would make it easier not to touch him.

Every so often she'd see him looking in the mirror, she couldn't make out if he was truly looking at her or out the back window of the car. His sunglasses shielded his eyes and made her question everything.