| xxxxiv ; broken hearts

Start from the beginning

He heard rustling, movements, and soon felt her figure standing behind him. He clenched his fists, trying to remind himself of what he had to do.

"Yuta, don't do this. I'm begging you," She whispered.

"You want to talk about begging, huh?" He asked, voice turning firm at her. "Maki begged for you to not continue with the plan, and yet, you still did."

"This is different-"

"How is this different, Y/N? How?" He asked, harshly turning towards her.

"There's just things I can't say-"

"Why can't you say it? Do you not trust me enough? I'm your boyfriend, Y/N. I'm the one person who's been by your side. I'm the one person who's ready to die for you," Yuta said and took a step towards her.

"I made a vow to Gojo-sensei. I made him swear to me that if he didn't come back from this alive, I would go next and end the fight no matter what," She spoke.

"I don't care about some stupid vow you made with Gojo-sensei. This is life and death we're talking about. Your life, which is at risk of death if you go after Gojo-sensei," Yuta reiterated. "I don't want you to go. God forbid I will lock you with me to ensure you won't leave."

"Please, Yuta..."

Yuta got down onto his knees and held her hands tightly. He looked up at her through his blurry vision, clouded by his tears. He wrecked out every sob and cry in his body until there was nothing left.

"I'm begging you, angel. I'm on my knees, begging you to not go out there and get yourself killed," He whispered and his voice began to shake, loosing its power. "I can't live without you. I just can't. Don't do this to me. Please... I already lost Rika. Don't make me lose you too."

He felt her fingers moving through his hair. He didn't realise it, but his breaths had gotten shorter and faster. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't see.

"Yuta, stay with me," She said, kneeling to be at the same level he was.

She grabbed his right and placed it by her heart and took his other hand and placed it above his heart. She looked into his eyes, breathing slowly and deeply, guiding him to follow her.

"Breathe, Yuta. Breathe," She told him.

Yuta nodded his head, doing his best to follow her movements. Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

"Shh... We're going to be just fine, Yuta," Y/N whispered, holding him close to her. "We're gonna be fine. I promise. You'll just have to wait, okay? I won't leave you. That I promise."

"Y/N?" He called. "I love you."

"I know, my sweet boy. I love you with every inch of the universe, ever expanding, ever creating," She smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Do you remember the day we got together?"

"It was snowing. The first snowfall of the year," Yuta responded. "I made a snowball and accidentally threw it at Maki."

"And I took the blame for you," She said, giggling at the memory. "Yuta, will you wait for me, no matter what?"

"Of course. I will wait a lifetime for you if I have to," He nodded, curling his arms around her waist from where they both now sat on the floor.

"That's good to hear. If I disappear, don't worry too much, okay? I swear on my life that I'll return to you, Yuta."

Yuta's eyebrows furrowed in response, "Angel? What're you talking about?"

Y/N shook her head, "Nothing, my darling. You need rest. We'll talk about this tomorrow morning, hmm?"