"It's fine, Mitsuya. We already talked about it, too."

"Mana and Luna wanted to talk to you. Well, if that's alright with you."

The kids that almost grew up with Y/n- the kids that felt betrayed when she left. Y/n wanted closure too, and hopefully, with time, they'll now understand why she had to leave.

Y/n nodded, "Sure. I want to talk to them, too."

"Alright, thank you. I'll arrange the date and everything, you don't have to adjust. Just tell me when you're free."

"I don't have anything up for tomorrow."

He smiled, "Tomorrow, then."

Y/n nodded back, "Anything else, Mitsuya?"

He looked at Y/n, eyes locked with each other. She still remembers how her heart beats fast when he stared at her- but that was before. It's different now.

"Just..." He contemplated wether to tell her. In the end, he decided against it. "Nothing more. Just know that I'm not mad at you. I was never mad at you."

And I'll always love you.

"Thank you. I'm very sorry, Mitsuya."

Before Y/n could leave to go back to where Aimi was sitting, Mitsuya grabbed her by her arm. "Wait. I have something to give you." He pulled something out from his bag.

It's a book wrapped neatly in pink paper back decorated with laced ribbons. Titled: Lover's Red String. A compilation of researches and explanations about soulmates. It's the book she had always wanted to read.

"I wanted to give it to you as your birthday gift- but uh, I never had the chance again."

Y/n accepted it with both hands, carefully tracing the engraved title with her fingers. "Thank you. I'll read it well."

[Sanzu: Check this out, man!]

[Rindou: I'm at work. What is it?]

[Sanzu sent a photo.]

Rindou subtly checked the message and he felt his grip on his phone tightened. It was a candid picture of you and Mitsuya sitting together at a cafe. It was taken from the outside. He bit his lips before typing his reply.

[Rindou: They're friends.]

[Sanzu: Really? Guess her friend was really generous for giving her gift.]

[Rindou: What gift?]

[Sanzu: He gave her something. I'm outside, can't quite see everything from here.]

[Sanzu: But if I were you, I'll feel threatened. That's her soulmate... and you're just the boyfriend.]

[Sanzu: Remember what I told you before?]

[Rindou: About Wakasa?]

[Sanzu: Yeah. That.]

[Rindou: :|]

[Sanzu: So? Feeling threatened now?]

[Rindou: Can you stop? I'm trying not to.]

[Rindou: I trust Y/n.]

"Rindou, rolling in 5!" He kept his phone back in his pockets before nodding at his director. Shaking his thoughts away.

Fuck soulmates. It infuriates him— very much.

After his shooting, he went straight to Ran's office, bumping into workers and hearing a fit of apologizes as he trudge towards the closing elevator. The people inside in a panic to try and stop it from closing- fortunately, it did.