"Why am I not your soulmate?"

"Takashi," Y/n whispered, shoulder pressed against Mitsuya's shoulder. They're both hiding from Mikey, playing hide and seek.

"Hmm?" He craned his neck to look at Y/n who has her hand raised, pinky emphasized. He could see her string glowing under the shadow.

"Do you think soulmates are meant to cross paths? Is it fate that I love you and you're my soulmate?" Y/n asked and Mitsuya didn't know the answer.

Does Y/n loves him because he loves him or does Y/n loves him because they're soulmates and that they are bound to love each other no matter what? Either way, he had no idea- he had to improvise.

"It's fate that we met."

Y/n looked at him with a smile. "Then, the stars aligned for us, huh?"

He nodded, staring longingly at her- hoping the stars wouldn't get too dim for the both of them.

Rindou recovered very fast with the help of Y/n. He brags about it now, how Y/n nursed him back to health- that Y/n should've gone nursing instead of being a secretary.

Now, you're out with Aimi talking about the wedding and stuff. Sanzu was sitting at the back, which you hope he's minding his own business. He's just there to take Aimi home later.

"I'm so excited to move out with Ran, honestly. I wonder how it'll feel like living with him. Oh my gosh, to think that I'll be Haitani Aimi soon!" She squealed that made Sanzu scoffed at the back. "What's your problem?"

"He's probably jealous that he ain't got no lover." Y/n rolled her eyes, salty, remembering the fact that it was Sanzu that is Rindou's soulmate.

"If I want one, I'll get one." He scoffed, pulling himself out to puff a smoke outside the cafe.

"Wouldn't Rindou be alone at their home if Ran moved out with you?" Y/n asked.

Aimi looked outside the window, contemplating. "Honestly, Ran opened that topic with me too. Apparently, Rindou hasn't been going home that much or staying home. Ran's afraid Rindou's not gonna adjust well with him moving out. So, if you could help out, Y/n."

Y/n looked at her, "Of course, I will. I know it'll be hard for him since Ran is all he got, he's his only family."

"I know, I know."

Just as they're talking about things, a familiar voice came, standing straight beside your table. "Can I borrow Y/n for a bit?"

As they both look up, it was Mitsuya Takashi.

"If it isn't the wedding gown designer! Fancy seeing you here. Of course, you can talk to Y/n."

Y/n wanted to flip the middle finger to Aimi. She didn't want to talk to Mitsuya again- but maybe it's time to finally close things out, clear everything- specially that Rindou said he and Mistuya already had a talk too.

Once they transfered to another table, Mitsuya was the first to talk, clasping his hands together on top of the table. His string flowing freely towards Y/n's finger.

A bitter thought.

"Why am I not your soulmate?"

"I want to apologize for messaging you tons of times and for causing a misunderstanding between me and Rindou. I already apologized to him and explained that we're over- that we're over a long long time ago." He heaved a sigh, like the words the said are his own poison.