𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙋𝙤𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚

Start from the beginning

Shmi:"gambling everything here revolves around betting on those awful races"

Qui Gon:"podracing greed can be a powerful ally"

Anakin:"me and Y/n built a racer it's the fastest ever"

Anakin:"there's a big race tomorrow on Boonta Eve you could enter our pod"

Shmi:"Anakin! watto won't let you"

Anakin:"watto doesn't know we've built it"

Anakin turns to Qui Gon.

Anakin:"you could make him think it was yours... and get him to let me pilot it for you"

Shmi:"I don't want you to race it's awful I die every time watto makes you do it"

Anakin:"but, mom, I love it the prize money would more than pay for the parts they need"

Shmi:"Anakin"

Qui Gon:"your mother's right.. is there anyone friendly to the Republic who can help us?"

Shmi:"no"

She looks down.

Y/n turns to her.

Y/n:"mom, you say the biggest problem in this universe is nobody helps each other... let me go to the race i'm older and more experienced than anakin"

she regards him with a long care worn gaze.

Padmé:"I'm sure Qui Gon doesn't want to put your son in danger"

Padmé:"we'll find some other way"

Shmi:"no.. there is no other way"

Shmi:"I may not like it but he can help you"

Shmi:"he was meant to help you"

Y/n looks up the head of the table where Qui Gon stares off distantly.

******
on a busy street in Moss Espa Qui Gon leads Padmé, Jar Jar and R2 toward Watto's junk shop.

Padmé:"are you sure about this?" She asked making Qui Gon stop and Turn to her.

Padmé:"trusting our fate to a boy we hardly know?"

Padmé:"the Queen will not approve"

Qui Gon:"The Queen doesn't need to know"

he goes inside.

Padmé:"well I don't approve" She Pouted

Watto:"and the boy tells me you wanna sponsor him in the race"

Watto:"how can you do this? not on the Republic credits, I think, huh?"

Qui Gon:"my ship will be the entry fee"

he shows a hologram and Y/n gazes at it and mouths a 'wow'.