Chapter 24 • Love (LB)

❥Warning:
Includes strong language, blood and death.

-Y/N's POV (London Boy)-
George and I ended up running for a while until we made it to a skyscraper building. It was abandoned and old, no one hasn't used it for a while.

This building is where George and I had our first date in the original timeline.

Once the two of us walked up several, numerous stairs, we finally reached the top floor of the building. All of the walls were tall windows, overlooking the city.

When we made it up there, George glanced down from the window to see how high up we were.

GEORGE:
"Wow, we're really high up..." He released a shaky breath out.

Y/N:
"That's a good thing." I stepped forward, "The higher up, the less chance anyone will see us from the ground."

George was silent for a moment, deep in his thoughts while staring down at the street through the window.

Y/N:
"You fought today when you told me you were going to give up..." I began, "Why didn't you give up...?"

GEORGE:
"Like I said...I didn't want to die on stage in front of several random idiots...when the time comes, I want your face to be the last thing I see." He turned his head to the left, meeting my eyes.

Y/N:
"Why...?"

GEORGE:
"Because...when Nick died, I felt so awful but, during that time, you made me feel so much better...and then Clay died...I truly thought nothing you could do could fix me..." He lightly smiled, "But you did..."

I lightly smiled back.

GEORGE:
"When I saw you in the crowd...I thought of all our memories and I just...I didn't wanna hurt you...and I didn't wanna leave you..." He explained.

My lips curled up a little as I slowly nodded.

Y/N:
"It wasn't your fault in the first timeline...the business knew where we were for that entire year, they just didn't do anything..."

GEORGE:
"Do you think they did it on purpose to try separating us...?" His eyebrows squished together.

Y/N:
"Maybe they knew we were more powerful together..." I said quietly.

George swallowed hard.

GEORGE:
"I wish I had all the memories of us from before..."

I froze for a second, being caught off guard by his statement.

GEORGE:
"I wish I had both memories from each timeline so I would be smarter..."

Y/N:
"Me too..." I admitted, "If I had it my way, I'd take the stone and go back to the moment Dream kidnapped me...I would've gone after you instead of running away..."

George frowned then slowly reached out and held my hand. I lightly smiled and held his hand back, squeezing it.

GEORGE:
"Y/N...Dante was horrible to you in the first timeline..." He randomly said, "So why did you hug him before we left the warehouse...?"

I raised my eyebrows.

Y/N:
"Honestly..." I spoke slowly, "In the first timeline, I thought he was an evil person who only cared about himself. A douchebag who was obsessed with me and, someone who always wanted his father's approval..."

He nodded slowly.

Y/N:
"But after everything I've learned in this new timeline...it's shown me that I never knew who he truly was...he was horrible to me, yes, but...he did some good things for me too that I didn't see before..."