Varin didn't call or chase after me as I walked away, he just watched until I turned a corner disappearing from sight.

I kept my head down as I moved through the halls of krosa, making my way to my quarters on the ship. 

A few people I passed by simply overlooked my presence and continued on about their day but many would stop whatever they were doing and stare at me as I walked by. There were a few faint whispers among some of the onlookers that I passed, that just made me seek the isolation and safety of my room, much quicker.

As soon as I came upon my dwelling, I rushed to get the door open and step inside. Once I was through the main doorways threshold and it closed behind me I felt I could breathe again. 

But that relief was nothing compared to the inner turmoil writhing inside of me. Putting my hand to my chest I could feel my head racing as I leaned back against the door, my legs feeling weak. 

Empty silence was all that greeted me here. A silence that weighed heavily on my heart… almost as heavily as the isolation I felt.

A choked sob escaped me as I covered my mouth and sank down to the floor. The papers were signed. The council meeting was held and everything was made official today. Humans would no longer be exiled to xanadis to suffer for their crimes. The planet would be placed under xeno-rights protection in order to preserve the xandisians way of life.

Humans can no longer trespass on the planet and cause harm to its inhabitants, and all the weapons that the criminals had been given were for the most part brought back to krosa. The planet was now a wildlife-preserve of sorts while being protected by these new laws. Something my father had been trying to fix ever since krosa became an orbital habitat colony.

Everything was just. Everything was how it should have been and things were back to normal. I should be happy, possibly even celebrating this new achievement with varin and others in the entertainment district.

But instead, I've never felt more miserable. Not even the day my life was thrown into chaos and I was exiled could compare to this.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I hugged my knees and hid my face. Everything was as it should have been yet here I am sitting alone, crying on the floor. 

It hasn't even been more than two weeks since I awoke from my coma and yet I can't stop from feeling absolutely destroyed over everything. 

I'll never be able to set foot on xanadis again, never get to see my friends or the place I had been calling home, never be able to see Azriel–

Fresh tears burned my eyes as sobs racked my body.

 It's been three months.

Does he even know I'm still alive?!

So many thoughts and possibilities raced through my mind just as they had been since I first woke up. So many questions plagued me as I sat there alone unable to accept anything that's happened.

I'm back in my home.l, I'm safe– that's what people keep telling me, but… this place hasn't been my home in a long time.

Time passed and my tears dried as I sat there in front of the door, unwilling to move. Only when I felt movement in my stomach did I finally snap out of the State of despair I was trapped in. 

Lifting my head I lowered my legs and tentatively placed a hand on my belly. I still remembered the shock that varin put me in when he gave me the news. 

On top of being isolated from everyone and waking from a coma, I had to come to terms with a whole different reality, far beyond what I ever could have been prepared for.