Zephyr x Apollo

Quick note: Zeph and Apollo don't hate each other over Hyacinthus anymore, a couple hundred years have passed.

There is a ridiculous amount of heathers references lmao

Written for my lovely wife, th4tw1ndydud3

"Shit shit shit shit fuck– ow!"

Zephyr watched in amusement as Apollo repeatedly threw himself against his window in an attempt to break in. The glass groaned, bending and shuddering, but true to the Cyclops forger's word, it did not give.

Apollo winced, rubbing at the bruise darkening on his forehead– of course the idiot had thrown himself in head first– drew back in another attack at the innocent pane of glass.

This had been going on for hours by now. When Zephyr was first jolted awake by Apollo's thuds and cursing at the window in the dead of night, he had been concerned for the expensively forged glass and the finely patterned gold frames that covered a full wall of the room, but as the moon slid across the sky it showed no signs of cracking.

With any other god, Zephyr would have considered it a miracle that they hadn't given up or dropped from a concussion after these hours, but Apollo probably didn't even have a brain to shake up and was therefore immune to concussions. Awfully dumb for a god of knowledge. Perhaps whatever was going on in the idiot's skull took more after his other subject's mind, the mouse.

The window shook again, loudly voicing its complaints at the mistreatment as Apollo splayed into it, face pressed flat against the glass. Zephyr stifled giggles as the mouse-brained deity comically slid down, flipping him off in the process.

He should probably let Apollo in now, Zephyr decided, still smirking. He'd had enough fun and besides, being the warm, gentle god of the life-giving spring breeze, he'd been entrusted with the duty of kindness by his master of winds, Aeolus.

Tirelessly forgiving farmers, nobles, kings, and soldiers every year after they ravage his land. Offering a second, third, thousandth chance by bringing them the hope of rebirth and the timely sprouting of pale, tender leaf buds in their crops that promised a plentiful harvest.

The thought of the helpless but grateful mortals, tripping over their paws like newborn puppies to praise him, brought a smile to his face. Contrary to what many gods thought, the forgiveness was not tiresome but rewarding.

Another thump and the caving window brought Zephyr's attention back to his current world and the smile faded into a guilty frown. Bruises in varying shades of hyacinth– blues, purples, reds– littered Apollo's skin, but he still had a good-natured grin on his face, ready to smash into the window yet again.

Yes, Zephyr decided. He'd had enough of torturing Apollo. But one last trick first. He glided to the window, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

Apollo waved as he drew closer, gathering his strength and zooming into the glass. At the last minute before he hit, Zephyr snapped away the window lock, letting it swing free on its routinely oiled hinges. Apollo yelped as he unexpectedly slid through empty air, unable to stop himself from crash landing in the back of Zephyr's room. The twinkle of a delicate porcelain vase shattering joined Zephyr's laughter.

"You absolute goon," Zephyr grinned as he zipped across the room, offering a hand to Apollo and helping him up. "You do realize my door is unlocked for you? As always."

"It's not like I can get hurt. And I wanted to make you laugh," Apollo replied sheepishly, laughing as Zephyr placed a light, brushing kiss on his forehead. Zephyr smiled in satisfaction as the bruise faded away upon contact with his lips and began peppering Apollo with more kisses.