The skatepark

Pov Hunter

I walked towards the skatepark knowing all three off them would be there. As I came closer, Miya seemed to notice me first. But I guess he couldn't be bothered. It was only then that I heard Reki shout my name. "Hey, how're you doing", I said with a forced smile. "Why do you still have your schoolbag with you?", Reki asked. "Oh, I uh.. didn't go home yet", I said. Reki thought about it for a second before continuing. "Thought so. Wait here, I've got something for you", he now said skating away to the bench.

I looked at him in confusion, only to notice Langa staring at me from a distance. "Reki, what's going on?", I asked walking towards him. "Here", he said turning around and handing me something, "I guess you also haven't had something to eat then".

"Reki I..", I started in protest, but he was right..

I took the bento box from his hands. "Thank you..", I simply said. "Go enjoy it. You can use one off our skateboards after you're finished".

I looked back up at Reki. "You're too kind..", I said taking a seat on the bench. With that, Reki left me alone. I noticed Miya skating towards Reki and they had a small conversation, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I grabbed the chopsticks Reki gave me with the bentonox and started eating. It was only then I noticed Miya skating towards me. And in an instand, I could feel my heart fasten.

"Reki told me to.. What happened to your eye?", he said bluntly. Even tho I really adored him, after what happened yesterday at S.. I was still a bit mad at him. "That's not really any of your concern", I simply said getting back to eating. "Look, I'm sorry about yesterday okey? I just didn't get why you didn't just win the race".

"And leave you on the ground? I thought you had injured yourself. I don't care about some stupid race", I replied a bit irritated. Its like he couldn't see that someone was worried about him. "I just wanted to let you know that the deal is still on. I made a promise and I've gotta keep to that". Now I did look at him directly. "You still think I care about that? I'm good with the fact you came out unharmed", I replied.

I looked at him with his skateboard under his arms, like he's got it all figured out. Well guess what..

"Why are you saying that", Miya said getting more agitated, "Reki told me apologizing would be enough". A small laugh escaped my lips. "Uhg, Forget it..", I replied back.

"What's wrong with you!", Miya almost shouted back. "What's wrong with you!", I shouted back. "You're so annoying", Miya said walking away. "And you're still an asshole!", I shouted back. Miya skated towards Reki and Langa but to my surprise, he said his goodbyes only to quickly skate away.

Reki skated towards me with a smile on his face. "Miya's a bit stubborn, but you'll work it out someday", he said laughing. I just looked at Miya skating away..

~~~~

"Yes Reki, I'll make sure to go home soon", I said, "Thank you for tonight, and you too Langa". It was around 10 in the evening and Langa and Reki had decided to go home. "You wouldn't lie to me, would you?", Reki asked. I gave him a small smile. "No I wouldn't I just want to stay here for a little while longer. And thanks again for the bento box". Reki gave me a smile back. "My pleasure Hunter, stay safe!", he safe waving me goodbye.

With that, Langa and Reki both stepped on their skateboards and skated away. My smile quickly dissapeared as I sat down on the bench looking into the sky. He's already done so much for me, I can't tell him I'm not going home tonight..

And to be honest, it's not that I don't want too, but I'm just to scared.. It's the same reason I didn't go home after school this afternoon. It's like.. my body phisically can't.

It's fine tho.. no one will know and I'll just go home tomorrow after school, I think..

I could feel tears falling from my cheek as silence fell all around me.

Memories started rushing through my head again. Its alway been like this, ever since I can remember. Sometimes I didn't go home for up to a few days..

Around 2 hours had passed, and I was still looking up at the sky. It was beautifull tho and I could only hear the sound off nature.

I don't need much to feel at easy..

"And you thought I was the asshole?", I suddenly heard Miya say. I got scared straight as I instantly sat straight up. "M.. Miya, what are you doing here?", I asked him. "What do you think I'm doing. Coming to the spot I always come when I need to clear my head. The question is, what are you doing here?".

"N.. nothing. I was just about to go home now", I said picking up my backpack and standing up.

"I know you think I'm an asshole, but I know I'm not stupid", Miya replied in a rather aggressive tone. "What are you talking about?", I asked. "You didn't go home after school. Thats why Reki gave you food. You certainly aren't going home right now either".

"Then I'll just be getting out of your way", I replied back. "Sit", Miya almost demanded. I looked at him in confusion. "So you're allowed to worry about me but I'm to allowed to the same?", he started, "sit", Miya demanded again.

I sat down listening to Miya, and he sat down next to me. "What the fuck happened to you", he simply said. "N.. nothing..", I replied not wanting him to know the story. "That surely doesn't seem like nothing", He said looking at my eye. "Miya.."

Miya sighed. "Alright", he started standing up again  "I get it if you don't wanna tell me what happened right now, but I'm not gonna let you sleep outside. I've got a spare mattress you can use", he said now walking away. I just looked at him in confusion. That was untill he stood still and turned his head towards me.

"You coming?"