"Is it because of Matilda?" Belly asked quickly, folding her arms.
Conrad immediately looks over at her, furrowing his eyebrows "No, I didn't quit football because of Tills?" he tells her, almost laughing at how ridiculous Belly sounds.

"Why are you acting so different? I swear, it's because of Matilda, she's changing you Conrad-" Belly began,

Conrad interrupted her, firmly, trying not to yell, "Belly, stop being pathetic. whatever silly childhood crush you had on me, you need to let it go, and stop  shit talking Matilda and treating her like shit, you don't get to do that. Yeah, maybe Matilda changed me, but if anything for the better, she's been here for me through everything and you, you don't get to accuse her of anything . Okay? " he snapped.

Belly looked stunned.
——-

Matilda's POV

Matilda's POV.

I looked in the mirror, happy with my outfit choice.
As I stroll to the window, I see Conrad, sitting besides the pool, having a drag, while Belly floated in the pool, talking to him.

I knows Conrad sees her as a sister, and I don't want to be that one insecure girlfriend, but something about the two seems off. After a few moments of staring at the two, I turn round, grabbing my bag, deciding to go meet Con.
——

Matilda walked outside, treading carefully. She noticed Belly looked like she had just been slapped round the face, and Conrad had a sour expression.

"Hey guys!" Matilda smiled unsurely, causing the two to look over at her.
Conrad's tensed shoulders immediately relaxed, "Hey, you're ready?" he smiled over at her, throwing his joint, getting up.
Belly sighed, as she swam to the end of the pool, and climbed out.
"Yeah, I'm ready." Matilda smiled, as Conrad walked over to her, placing a hand on her waist, and kissing her forehead, causing Matilda to go slightly red at the sudden affection. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks, Con." Matilda chucked, placing her hand on his cheek, and smiling adoringly before letting go.

Belly dries herself off, grimacing at the twos conversation.

"Hey Isabelle!" Matilda tried,
Belly looked over at them for a second, and then looked Conrad directly in the eye, who shot her a pointed look.
"Hi.. Matilda." Belly nodded quietly, but somewhat actually politely.
Suddenly, Steven and Jeremiah came dashing out the house, throwing there arms round Conrad and Matilda. "Are you guys ready for the first bonfire of the season?" Jeremiah asked, rubbing his hands excitedly.

"Wait, you're all going?" Belly asked, looking over enviously.

"Uh, yeah. " Jeremiah nodded awkwardly, feeling slightly bad.

"Well, can I come?" Belly tried with a small smile,

Steven scoffed, "Yeah, no chance." he laughed,

"Guys, if she really wants to come, I don't see the issue." Matilda tried, she really wanted to make Belly stop hating her, besides she could tell Belly looked upset that she couldn't come, and Matilda truly felt for her.