Eventually, if someone was reading all of this, they'd get bored of your constant nagging.
Which was the plan.

A dozen or so pages in, you stopped talking about yourself, and committed every inch of your memory to a layout of the Emperor's palace.

Corridors, rooms you trained in, guard locations, maps of the stairs and a convenient route all the way to the throne room.

After you'd messed with the scrying potion yesterday, you'd had an even clearer memory of where everything was. 

You'd also figured out which room Hunter stayed in, for the sake of kidnapping him.
You made no attempt to look inside however, it was an unnecessary breach of his privacy.

But you found which spire he resided in. Like a prince in a tower.

All you needed to do was get the courage to... go outside.

Then craft a staff. Or steal a staff.

Then figure out how you were going to avoid security, or The Emperor.

Part of you felt you had the skill to break in immediately. The other part of you knew that you would probably be killed if something went wrong.

You needed to wait for the perfect moment, and right now was not the right answer.

Maybe, if-

A loud crash made you jump and slam your diary closed,
"Ugh, no way am I listening to her. Let's create some chaos!"
Eda had kicked the door open.

You turned to look at her, hunched over your book with a pen in your dominant hand.

"Did I... walk in on something?"
She chuckled.

"No, I was just writing. Secret diary stuff."
You lied, ish.

"Oh, fun! Anyway, I'm going to make some glyph combos that will blow Luz away!"
She dived onto the sofa and pulled out some square pieces of paper.

Huh, real glyphs.
A chance to actually look at how they worked.

Well, sort of how they worked. You had a feeling that Eda was going to mess with them somehow.
It had only been three days, there's no way she had already mastered glyph combinations.

But, she seemed so calm. You couldn't sleep last night thanks to the worry that someone was going to try to break in overnight. 

There were pieces of paper with overlapping glyphs, and sigils. Piles of different techniques to try and create a blast of magic better than Lilith's.

You could feel yourself twitching from the impending feeling of dread. Until, Eda cut you out of it again.

"Why so twitchy, witchy?"
Eda asked, her gold fang accenting her smile as she grinned at her own play on words.

"I'm just... worried."
You sighed, sitting down next to her.

She wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you into her side.
"That's all you seem to do nowadays, huh? Were you always like this?"

"Yeah. Pretty much. Worried about parents yelling at me, grades at school, my toxic friend group. I just want to be good enough for everyone."
You wrapped your arms around her for support, and she made sure you didn't have to let go.

"I get where you're coming from kid. Just know you're not alone."
She grabbed a pen and put down a piece of paper, ready to write a glyph.

"I felt the pressure you feel now when I was younger, just about your age."
Her hand made the first smooth stroke on paper.