36 - Mono

"Yeah! Just like old times!" I look over my shoulder to see her raise her hands shooting white beams at the undeads. As much as I am pissed off at their bickering, I decide I will give them a piece of my mind later. 

I swallow quickly as they surge towards us, huddling. To my surprise they squeeze around me. I get pushed away from the two but they're not hurting me. All they do is move around me. I look out among them confused. Being near them fills my nose with the most putrid smell. It smells like dead rotting flesh. 

They have the rough shape of humans but they're like forms of knotty lumped flesh with terribly distorted features. Bones stick out of their masses of skin and they're riddled with many eyes. "They aren't touching me." I look to the girls to see them grabbing at them. 

"That's great...But help me!" Six shrieks, she's blasting them with white beams of magic. I watch as the used to be people disintegrate into a black lump of ashes. This does nothing, there's too many and they're overpowering us. Gabby meanwhile motions her hand at a flesh mass and it rips in half. The creatures let out animal like growls. 

Quickly I rush towards the two. I'm shoving the flesh masses away, I point my hand at one and it shrivels up into a dehydrated mass of jelly skin. I can feel myself sweating, a hot mass of heat burns through my face. I can hear the voices again. They're very upset. 

Why would you kill you're own kind? Feel their pain. Feel them twisting and writhing. WE are all one. 

I feel my vision blur for a second, my eyes becoming unfocused. No. I have to resist. I have to, this is important! 

As Six disintegrates another, I feel my body turn into fire. I feel as if I had been engulfed into flames. I cry out, emitting a strange guttural sound. I feel as if all of me is being ripped apart and burned from the inside out.  As if I too, am disintegrating. 

"Agh! Guys! Something's wrong." I clutch my stomach, wincing. Still I look up and try to fight through the pain. Six is getting overwhelmed by them, they rip her clothes and scratch her body. I grabbed one by the malformed neck and squeeze, watching it's head pop off and blood gush over my hand. I grit my teeth, fighting to keep my eyes open as I feel as if my head has been ripped off my body. 

Something is very wrong here. 

"What's happening? Talk to me." Gabby says, panting as she motions towards more flesh bags, 5 or so all deck and drop to the ground at the same time. She starts ripping them off of Six and flinging them out into the air to ragdoll to the ground, knocking more of their companions down. Six continues blasting, frying them as soon as they take too many steps close to her. 

"I can feel it. I can feel you killing them." I shudder. "It feels terrible. Its-its hurting me." I gasp, as Six disintegrates a hole straight through one. 

"God damn it. It's worse than I thought." Gabby groans. 

Six is struggling for breath. "I can't hold them off any longer Gabby. What do we do? Aren't you a ghost can't you fly us somewhere." 

"I'm sorry but my powers don't really work like that!" 

"What the hell do you mean they don't work like that? Do your freaky ghost voodoo magic shit. NOW!" Six bickers with her as the two fight off these creatures side by side. 

I feel sweat pour down my face but I feel guilty if I don't help them. What kind of man would I be if I couldn't fight through the pain? These women are kicking ass in front of me and right now I'm acting completely useless. I'm supposed to be the tallest motherfucker here. 

One lunges at Six, ripping at her shirt, I yoink it away from her and spin and fling it like a light projectile. It flies into a street sign and impales itself on a pole. "Thanks!" she beams at me.