Vaguely, I remember Aaron once mentioning wanting to get a tattoo, but I didn't think he was serious.

Apparently, he was.

Aaron takes a deep breath.

"You don't have to prove anything to me you know. I love you just the way you are."

Aaron kisses me on my head, then gets on the master's surface and glares at Jake who is almost laughing, even though the situation isn't even slightly funny.

"I'm paying for a tattoo, not your laughter", Aaron snaps and Jake's face instantly becomes impassive again.

"Do you have an image that you want?", Jake asks, his voice hard enough to break rocks.

Aaron gestures for Jake to come closer and whispers in his ear, occasionally pointing at me. My heart is tense. Does he want to get a tattoo of my name? Or even worse – of me? I don't know why the idea terrifies me so much, but maybe its because tattoos are permanent, while this relationship of ours in uncertain. Still, at least any future girls that he is with would see my name or face and be warned off. The thought of Aaron with other girls turns me hot with anger.

Jake starts the tattoo gun and the sound brings me back to reality.

"Where do you want it?", Jake grunts out, and Aaron points to his lower back as he takes off his shirt and turns over on his stomach.

Jake starts on the tattoo, and I lean in closer to see. It doesn't start with an alphabet stroke, but instead a roundish shape. Lines dot around it, but I cant seem to understand what he is drawing. It can't be a football, it isn't a name... what is it?

Aaron groans a bit, and I squeeze his hand hard. I know how painful the first tattoo is. He turns around to face me, his eyes shining, not with tears but with a bit of joy. Whatever this tattoo is, it must mean a lot to him.

I let go of his hand anxiously twist my ring around my finger, trying to understand the tattoo. It isn't round, more like a skull shape.

A skull shape.

I whip off my ring from my finger staring at the symbol on it, and all the pieces click together. Aaron's eyes are trained on mine, and as soon as he can tell that I've figured it out, he flashes me a smile and winks.

The tattoo on his back is beginning to look exactly like the skull shape of my ring

"So that I'll always have a part of you – and your mom with me.", he says with a smile.

And while I know I shouldn't jolt him while Jake is working on the tattoo, I can't help but give him a powerful hug which causes the master's surface to creak, and Jake to yell at me.

🏈🏈🏈

"Show me the tattoo again", I ask, pausing the movie, causing Aaron to smile.

After the tattoo shop, we went to the art gallery where we saw my painting hung up, my name proudly written by the side. Then we came to my house where we argued on a marvel movie to watch. Eventually, Captain America won, since dear little rulebook hadn't watched it before, and was keen to know what it was about.

However, all I can think of is the tattoo he got of my mom's ring.

"Please show me", I repeat and his grin broadens. We are both sitting on my bed, and there is an empty bowl between us, which was once filled with popcorn. My room is tidier now because Aaron refused to let me watch a movie in 'an unsanitary environment'

"So technically, youre asking me to strip?", he asks, his mouth turning upwards.

I roll my eyes, and he laughs. In one fluid movement, he strips the shirt off, and sdrops it on the floor. I have to force myself to remove my eyes from his abs, and I find him blushing slightly.