Chapter 14: The Four Gods Of Ishgar

Start from the beginning

Erza and Makarov were uncomfortable with this silence.

"Ulquiorra-san, if you have any questions then I think this is a good time. Because I doubt the council will give you the right to speak." Makarov was the first to break the silence.

Ulquiorra opened his eyes and looked at Makarov. The former Espada looked as calm as ever.

"I'm sure they can't silence me." Ulquiorra spoke indifferently.

"Ulquiorra-san, don't get me wrong. You may have enough power to overcome some Saint Magicians, but now you stand before the Magic Council. With the Pagma Protocol, the Council will be at its strongest and most dangerous."

"There is no reason to worry." Ulquiorra spoke softly.

"how?" Erza asked, looking annoyed. Since she had first met him, she had never seen him show any fear or reaction to anything; Amputations, weapons of mass destruction, fighting against Saint wizards. Erza wondered if Ulquiorra had lost the ability to feel fear.

"Even though they put all these restrictions on me, they did not take my Zanpakuto. They want to talk to me." Ulquiorra answered. "The Pagma Protocol was activated as a precaution. After all, they would be standing face to face with a stranger who had beaten two of the Ten Saint Wizards and could have beaten another one. They have no reason to trust me."

"What if you wrong? What if they want to take you down?" Erza asked.

"Then I will have to show them true despair." Ulquiorra answered, his tone colder than usual. Every intelligent man has alternate plans; If the council members are not smart enough to avoid making the former Espada an enemy, Ulquiorra will attack with all his might.

If he won and got out alive, his fame would spread throughout Earthland and any kingdom would seek to have him join them. After all, increasing military power was something all kingdoms strived for, and no kingdom would refuse to have a powerful ally. But if he loses and dies, then the Kingdom of Fiore will have lost a lot of military power because of Ulquiorra, and this will make the kingdom become easy prey for other kingdoms, such as Bosco, and this kingdom will be colonized for at least dozens of years.

If i win, you lose; If i lose, you lose too. This is one of his principles. If Ulquiorra was bound to fall, he would not fall alone.

Both Makarov and Erza felt a chill in their bones. They don't know what the Fourth Espada's plans are, but he seems to know what he's doing.

«In Era, inside the court»

"Are you serious?! Pagma Protocol for one man?!" shouted Org, one of the main members of the Magic Council.

All the members of the Magic Council were sitting around a very large marble table and looking at Siegrain, wanting an answer.

"Ulquiorra Schiffer, the Devil of Magnolia. I heard a lot of gossip and rumors about him; in one week, he successfully completed seventy-five missions and achieved great fame." Speak, Yajima.

"Not to mention, he even managed to beat two of the Ten Saint Wizards..." Siegrain spoke calmly, but he was not smiling. "If he wanted to, he could also beat me."

"We can't deny that the Magic Council's popularity has increased thanks to him. After all, more than a third of our prisons have been filled because of him." Ultear spoke. "Although he is a good employee, he is rarely in the council buildings. He is suspiciously isolated."

Org nodded. "This makes things more complicated than they already are. Even though he is famous, we have no records about him; no date of birth, no biography, and even papers or documents. It is as if this man had fallen from the sky."