Chapter 5: First Meet

You started to walk forward. There were a lot of people here. You looked side to side until you saw a little shop. You could easily ask the seller where Sumeru City was located.

You slowly started to walk to the shop. While walking, you sensed eyes, staring at you. Although you knew how to use the sword, you didn't have one at the moment.

Your father trained you since you were just 12 years old. You were finally permitted to go to Konda Village to do some business with clients. The problem was that the road to the village was drenched with monsters. Your father knew how to use the bow and the sword, but thought it be better for you to learn how to use the sword, mostly for protection against people trying to harm you. He did show you a few bow tricks, but only for hunting down birds, in case the family ever goes hungry, which never actually happened.

You start to feel anxious, but you keep that feeling at the back of your mind.

When you arrive at the little shop, an elderly man was standing behind the counter, waiting for clients. You start to feel bad that you were only going to ask a question instead of helping him in his store, so you decide to spend a bit of Mora for one item.

"Welcome to my shop."

"Good morning Sir. My name is Y/N, and I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask away."

"Do you know where Sumeru City is located?"

The elderly man looked at you until it clicked. "Could you, by chance be a new student in the Akademyia?"

You were shocked, "Yes I am, how did you know?"

"During this time of year, there are many new students that arrive in Sumeru and always have trouble finding the city. But don't worry, Port Ormos has a map that can help you." The old man reached under his counter and pulled out a map, "here you go, now it will be impossible for you to get lost."

You chuckled, "Thank you, Sir!"

"No problem at all"

You were about to leave when you noticed something familiar in his produce. Naku Weed and Sango Pearls. Although Sango Pearls are mostly luxury items in Inazuma, Naku Weed can be used to reduce inflammation in a wound. It can be very useful.

"How much is the Naku Weed?"

"1,000 Mora per piece young lady."

The shock on your face after hearing '1,000' was noticeable, "Oh, alright. Anyway, I have to go. Have a nice day Sir!"

It's only a plant, why does it cost that much? Probably the shipping of the product, but it's still too much. If you had bought the item, you wouldn't be able to pay for the entrance fee.

Your mind was going in circles, you weren't looking at what was in front of you until you accidentally bumped into someone. Your nose was in pain, but the person you bumped into didn't seem to budge.

"Ah, I apologi-"

"Watch where you're going! What are you?! Blind!"

You looked up and saw a guy with a huge blue hat, short dark blue hair, and indigo-blue eyes. You have never seen anyone like him, you could say he was attractive, but his personality didn't help him.

"I was just apologizing just now, no need to screa-"

"Did I say you could talk?! Who do you think you are?!"

Now you were angry, "Who do you think YOU are? It's not like you're superior to me! I also deserve respect!"

The guy was silent, looking at you up and down. He glared at you in the eyes, at your soul. He broke it and looked behind you, glaring at something.

You sighed, "I don't have time to deal with people like you. I'll take my leave."

You started to walk away from him. You got your map out and started to see where you were located, but you felt eyes on you. You looked up and no one was there. You turned around, and the guy you argued with was gone. You started to feel uneasy.

You had reached the end of the hub to the grassy fields. You had to follow the river to find the city of Sumeru. It might take you a few days, but anything to save a bit of Mora.

You suddenly heard a branch break. You looked behind you instantly but saw nothing. 'It was probably just an animal' you thought, while continuing to walk through the grassy road. Not even a second later, you heard rustling. You started to walk a bit faster. You were anxious, scared that something could happen to you. 'It's nothing, it's nothing' you repeated to yourself.

You looked around to see if you could use something for self-defense, but couldn't find anything. Suddenly, your mouth was covered with a cloth and you were held down by the waist. You were screaming, but you couldn't make a sound. You looked behind you, as far as you could, but your vision was blurry.

All you could see was a long scar on their face and a long, red mask covering their eyes. It was all you saw, before drifting into darkness
————————————————————————
Word Count: 882