Chapter 1: A New Journey Begins

The sun shined brightly that very morning. The excitement in your heart barely let you sleep last night. You were finally able to attend the Akademiya in Sumeru City. Your parents weren't very excited about it because their little bird was leaving its nest.

"Y/N, are you sure you want to leave Inazuma? We understand it's a big opportunity, but it's so far from here."

Your mother wasn't big on change, but she knew this was what you wanted. You've been waiting a whole year for the Sakoku Decree to get abolished and you weren't going to change your mind.

"Mom and Dad, you both know that this was my dream since I was a child. I know that our family has been here for generations, but I want to do more than just sell tomatoes, I want to make a change in the world."

You have explained to your parents many times that you don't want to be a farmer who grows vegetables in a small field. Your family had lost acres and acres of land due to not being able to pay the cost to keep them. You want to help them by getting a good education, getting a high-paying job, and helping them pay for their small house, or even getting a better one!

"W-we know sweety, but the tuition price is very high, not including the books and apartment you're planning to stay in. Sumeru is very expensive." Your father explained.

Yeah, the price was high. You have to pay 100,000 Mora per year, plus 500 per book, and the apartment closest to the institute is 10,000 per month. With your life savings, you can barely pay for all the 20 books you need. All of that, without counting food. Ironic.

"I understand Dad, that's why I'm planning on getting two part-time jobs. If I have to, I'll try to negotiate the price for both the tuition and the apartment. If I can't, I'll either get a roommate or rent someplace that's cheaper. Either way, I'm still going."

You were making it very difficult for your parents to convince you to stay, but they knew they wouldn't.

"Alright Y/N, we'll let you go, but you have to promise to write to us every week, that way we know you're safe."

You chuckled, "of course".

And like that, you grabbed your suitcase, kissed your parents goodbye, and went out, ready to begin your new journey, a journey that will mark your life forever.

———————————————————————-
Word Count: 421