Chapter 1

It was another boring day, Firefly and Father were away flying over the continent, of course, Deathbringer had been reluctant to go, since he had to 'protect Glory at all costs' But, he finaly went after he's put thirty guards on Mother. 

Rainwatcher had no friends his age, apart from Firefly, Moon and Kinkijou, but they were away at school and on Assasination trips. He'd been dreamvisited by Sunny saying that the Jade Winglet had left Jade Mountain to stop a serial killer icewing out to kill Glory. 

"Your Majesty." Brombilaid landed on the royal pavilion infront of Glory. "We have some guests here to visit you-they've gone to the nightwing village." 

Rainwatcher looked towards the village to the left of him, the pavilon was built in the middle of the Rainwing village and the  Nightwing village, just in case any causualties happen. Rainwatcher's face lit up when he saw his two favourite nightwing fly over, he was dissapointed when Firefly lundged down into the village.

"NO!" Rainwatcher heard a faint voice yell, 'it sounds like Moon!' "STOP! HE'S NOT-"

Their was a faint thud and a roar, "Three Moons, Firefly" Glory whispered, Rainwatcher flew as fast as he could to make sure Firefly didn't kill any dragons, Mother, on the other talon, was held back by Jambu who was asking a question. Rainwatcher landed down beside Moon and saw Firefly tackeling an Icewing, she held the side of his head against the ground so he couldn't use his frostbreath, and her spare talons holding his claws.

"Get off of him!" Moon cried 

"You papaya head" Rainwatcher added and everyone jumped 

"RAINY!" Firefly's scales turned yellow and pink "I would hug you, but, I can't let this pycotic killer go." 'Hmm, how should I kill them, venom, fire, tear him apart-' Rainwatcher read in her mind

"Phycotic, yes, killer, no" The sandwing said "This is the killer icewing's brother."

"He's our friend!" Kinkijou said "Well at least he was before you ATTACKED HIM for NO REASON! Now he'll never like us again!"

"I never liked any of you!" The Icewing objected "AND I'M GOING TO KILL THIS RAINWING! OR WHATEVER YOU ARE!"

Firefly smirked at Rainwatcher 'This idiotic Icewing knows nothing about other tribes' She thought, then put on an even smugger face. 'Oh, hey Moon, didn't see you there' This was one of his favourite things about his sister. She says something chaotic, then just goes on and acts like it was normal. That was one of the main things he missed out on whenever Firefly left.

"FIREFLY!" Mother yelled and everyone jolted. She landed gracefully next to Rainwatcher. "What are you doing?"

Firefly's scales turned from red to dark purple with hints of yellow, her normal colour and she put on her 'Little Miss Innocent' face "I'm just saving you and the whole rainforest and the nightwings from murderous dragons by sitting on this icewing." Firelfy said "The usual"

"Stop killing everyone who walks into the rainforest!" Glory said "Get off of Prince Winter"

"I thought it was impressive" Deathbringer landed with a thud on the ground behind them. Mother shot him a look "I mean, ahem, stop doing that"

Firefly made a small huff and stepped off of Winter, "Will she be punished?" He demanded, wiping bugs and blood off of his shiny, blue scales.

"Oh, certainly" Mother said with a grin 'Why would he ask for a princess to be punished?' Rainwatcher thought. 'And why can't I read their minds? It's just a soft fuzz. Moon? Do you know why?'

'I'll tell you later' She thought

"Very well, I don't have time to punish her myself-" Winter was cut off as the sandwing stomped hard on his foot.

"Are you trying to get a death wish?" He whispered "Stop annoying the princess!"

"She's a princess?" Winter whispered back "Thanks Qibli, so much for telling me that after I asked for her to be punished"

"Rainy! Firefly!" Kinkijou exclaimed "Oh, my gosh, I missed you so much! School was amazing! Whys didn't I recive any letters from you? Also, who did you assasinate? Wait. No. Don't tell me that. Unless it was someone I hate. Wait, don't tell me that either. Meet my friends! You already know Moon, but this is Qibli. And Winter"

"Nice to meet you" Firefly put her talon out, like nothing ever happened "Qibli and Wynter-"

"Winter" He corrected 

"That's what I said." Firefly mused and everyone chuckled "Follow me, we can talk about Icicle at the Pavilion." 

Rainwatcher noticed Firefly purposly took the harder path to the pavilion and Rainwatcher had to admit, it was funny watching Winter and Qibli crash into almost everything. Their were a couple of angry rainwings hissing at Winter after he'd woken them up from suntime, Winter lashed his tail at them, but Qibli caught it before it hurt anyone.

"Mother and father want to be together for a bit after the long week away." Firefly explained, landing on the pavilion "And in a few days their's the Queen Meeting, where I have to take over and be the queen, which is awful"

' "Have you heard from any of your guards? Any sightings of Icicle?" Winter asked

"No, I just arrived home from an assasination trip with father, I didn't see anyone" Firefly said  "Rainy? Have you heard anything?"

"No, I only got dreavisited by Sunny" He said "Maybe ask the scout captains?"

"Right. I thought of that. Obviously" Firefly joked "Mangrove? Can you get them for me?"

"Sure Your Majesty" Mangrove mused and Firefly gave him a small punch "Ow"

"Silver!" The royal pet streched out from the branch above and Firefly grabbed her, resting her on her shoulder "This is our pet sloth."

"Royal pet." Qibli said to Winter "So, try not to eat it. If you can conatin yourself" Winter rolled his eyes at him. Mother landed on the platform, the sun reflecting off her scales, making an illuminating glow. Everyone bowed to her, apart from Rainwatcher and Firefly.

"Where's father?" Rainwatcher asked Glory

"Checking with the back up guards." she replied "It's good to see that you all are allright, Sunny and Clay will be very happy" Glory flicked her tail towards the dragonets

"Heh, Tsunami probably hasn't even noticed" Firefly mocked "Anyways, sorry about the battle earlier, prince Wynter" Rainwatcher did a small laugh and Winter rolled his eyes again. 'I'm going to call him that for the rest of my life' Firefly thought, looking at Moon and Rainwatcher and they both grinned.

"Here they are" Mother said as the scout captains landed on the platform, Liana was stretching, Armidilo was eating some fruit and Hellicionia was yawning. Winter sighed at them and Firefly did a small growl. "Have any of you seen any icewings?"

"Uhm, Your Majesty?" Armidilo asked "I think there's one right behind me."

"That's Wynter." Firelfy said quickly before they could start mooning over him "Have you seen anyone like him?"

"No" They all chorused. 'Maybe their was a small weird frozen patch. But that's not an Icewing' Liana thought

"But it is important!" Rainwatcher cried "Where did you see it?" 

"See what" Winter growled "What did she see."

"Well, their was a small frozen patch near Firefly's hunting area-"  Liana was cut off Firefly bolted out the pavilion, followed by Winter, Qibli, Mother and Rainwatcher, his last thought was 'We might all die today'