"You know how to manipulate him."

"It's not like that," I shake my head. "He loves me."

"He loves her," he corrects. "And when he finds out she doesn't even exist... He's never gonna forgive you."

"H-he won't find out," I say. "You... won't tell him, right?" I feel a lump form in my throat.

He closes his eyes. "I'm not gonna. Even if I did, he wouldn't believe me."

"...Thank you."

"Listen, Yu," he murmurs. "I'm not his biggest fan, but even he doesn't deserve this."

"I never meant to deceive him."

"Don't lie," he says. "That's exactly what you wanted to do."

"I wanted to feel that connection again," I frown. "The one we had before... Before you came along."

"Don't blame this on me."

"I'm not trying to," I bite my lip. "But... Kanji it's nothing special, really. We just... talk. Like friends. I help him out, I tell him about my day..."

He pokes a finger to my chest. "He's in love with her."

"He just said that to impress us," I shrug.

"And you seriously believe that?"

"...I don't know," I admit. "I want to."

"And what about Christmas, eh?"

"What?"

"When she's... when you're coming around to meet us all?"

I swallow hard.

"This seriously wasn't your smartest move," he scoffs.

"I regret it, Kanji," I mutter. "I never meant for it to go this far."

"Senpai, you have to delete that account."

"And break his heart?" I frown.

"If you don't, he's gonna find out. He's gonna hate you for good."

"If I play my cards right—"

"You can't hide this," he yells. "You gonna get married over that app? You gonna go on dates, and vacations all online?"

"Kanji—"

"He's not gonna back down," he says. "He feels like he's met someone who gets him. He's not gonna let her go."

"He will," I sigh. "Given enough time, he will."

"Yu, you have to end this. Right now."

"Fine," I mumble. "I'll find an opening, and—"

"No," he says, grabbing my phone from me.

"Kanji." I reach for it, but he pulls it out of my grasp.

"Now," he says. "You're in deep enough already."

"If I leave him out of the blue, that's going to cause even more heartbreak."

"And that's where you come in." He jabs a finger to my chest. "Remember?"

"I can't just—"

"His knight in shining armor. Your words, man."

"This is different. I can't just... break his heart and then come to fix it, as if I wasn't involved."

"Either that, or you break it and leave him alone."

"Please," I whisper. "Don't make me do this."

He puts his hands on my shoulders. "Listen to yourself!" He scoffs. "You're freakin' crazy."