A new hope ✦

[Kagome]

"Babe. So am I coming over to hang out today?" Inuyasha asked, his arm around my waist.

I smiled. But before I could answer, my phone vibrated.

Kagome dear, I'll be coming over today at 4 to check up on you. Hope you're not hanging out with the hanyou okay? I'm worried.
~ Mom.

Shit. I've been so caught up with ny feelings and all, it slipped my mind if my mom would actually allow me to be with him.

I looked guiltily at him and gulped. "Sorry Inu. My mom's coming over so I don't know if you still want to-" I was crossing my fingers that he wouldn't be disappointed.

"Well...that's great. I'll come." Inuyasha raked a hand through his silver hair.

I cocked my head to one side. "Are you saying you want to meet my mom?!" I was in utter disbelief. Did I hear wrongly? I thought he would be scared of her after what happened a few weeks ago.

"Yeah. I want to tell her about our relationship even though I am a bit nervous..." he twisted the bottom of his shirt and bit his lip.

Seeing him like this, I reached out my hand and touched his arm gently. "Inuyasha. You don't have to force yourself."

He sucked in a huge amount of air. "Kagome. I will do anything for you. I will. Even if it means your mother beating me up and getting me expelled from school. I am not backing down now. I mean, it's because you're my girlfriend and I-I like you and that means that we face everything togethe-"

I shook my head smiling and I felt myself melting at the words he blurted out. Before he could say anymore, I stood on my tippy-toes and pecked his lips. "Everything would be just fine Inu. As long as we are together. Even if my mom doesn't allow, I would do whatever it takes to make her agree."

He grinned at me and leaned down, his lips only a millimetre away from mine. "What about running away together?" he smirked,"I'd like that," And with that in mind, he kissed me.

+++

Knock. Knock.

Someone or something was knocking on the door.

"Hello? Is someone there?" Caroline inched closer to the basement.

The knocking became louder. She opened the door and the knocking stopped. She warily walked down the cold cement steps, in her hand, a lighted candle.

"Caroline." A ghostly whisper filled the room and the fire on the candle was blown off, as if something was by her side.

She was startled but that didn't stop her curiousity.

She reached the end of the staircase and the door banged shut, followed by a click, indicating that the door as been locked.

But the thing was...what was that?

She heard the thumping of footsteps coming closer and it passed by her. A trail of bloody footsteps followed after.

It walked and walked all the way to a dead end. And it continued, up the wall. The footsteps printed themselves on the ceiling and when she looked up, she saw-

A shrilling scream broke out.

I whimpered and gripped onto Inuyasha's tshirt like it was a lifeline.

Just then, the front door creeked open and I heard another familiar scream.

It was my scream.

"Gosh. What is that sound?! Kagome?" My mother pressed her fingers in her ears.