6. Parties Aren't Really My Thing

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I look at her with confusion about the last half of her sentence, then reply, "Thankyou, that would be great Delilah."

Class is dismissed and we both stand up, packing our equipment away. She notices my discontent "Hey, how about I facetime you after school, I can help you pick an outfit? You have my number right?"

"Yeah I believe I do, that's a great idea! Thankyou"

Delilah smiles sweetly and we head out of class. I am greeted by Noah outside of the school building, who's waiting patiently for.. me?

"Hey!" he signals to me

"Noah! Hi" I say, startled

"I'll see you tonight, yeah?"

"Yeah! See you tonight" I blush. Did he really wait for me to leave school just to say that? I'm over thinking, it's probably just nothing. I head over to the bus and take a seat on my own once again, I have to say I preferred to sit in the passenger seat of Noah's car.

                 I arrive home and jump in the shower, layering the strawberry-scented shampoo and volumising conditioner onto my hair my hair and shaving every inch of my body. When I climb out of the shower I feel a cold gust of air blow on my skin. I shiver, quickly wrapping the lilac towel around me which has been smartly hung on the radiator, you see, i'm highly prepared. I rush out of the cold bathroom and enter my warm bedroom.

-RING RING-

My phone rings, it's Delilah. I answer and we chat for a whilst doing our makeup and then she helps me pick my outfit for the party. I show her my preferred outfit, a simple green crop top with a leather jacket and jeans, but of course she goes that much further and convinces me to wear the black, lacy revealing dress which was chuckled to the back of my wardrobe, which reveals a large section of my cleavage and is a little on the shorter side for my liking.

"I'm not sure about this, Delilah"

"Girl you look gorgeous, please wear it."

"I feel like it just looks weird."

"Averyyy." she huffs "You look so beautiful, if you don't want to wear it, don't, but I really think you should"

I take a minute to decide, then take a deep breath. "Fine, i'll do it"

Delilah squeals with excitement and claps her hands together. "Yess! We are going to look fire tonight." She says as she shows me her sparkly purple dress from several different flattering angles. She pouts at the camera and then says, "Oo look at the time! I best get off. What time are you getting to the party?"

"I remember Noah telling me that he'd pick me up around seven."

"Ahh okay, forgot Noah was taking you! See you soon Avery"

She hangs up, and I take one last look in the mirror then slip my coat on and head downstairs.

"Woooah, and where are you going dressed like that" Violet sniggers with surprise.

"A party, if you must know"

"And what, do you expect me to cover for you? I doubt mom and dad would approve of you going out on a school night"

"If you're offering, I'd be very appreciative if you informed them that I have gone to bed early tonight" I wink

"You're not to be disturbed, got it."

               I sneak out of the front door stealthily and carefully walk outside, noticing the sudden icy path. I spot Noah's car at the other end of my driveway and he watches me waltz over to him. Once I get to the car, he reaches the door handle from inside the car and opens the car door for me. I thank him, nervously, and sit awkwardly in his car.