"Shut the fuck up!" We both glare at him. 

"God. Ever learn humor?" He sighs looking away. 

"If I wasn't trustworthy I would've left you and Mono back at the hospital to die." Gabby snapped. "No, if I wasn't trustworthy I wouldn't have shown up to save you at all. I would've let them use Mono's body as a vessel." 

"Liar!" I point my finger at her, gritting my teeth and clenching my jaw. 

"Uhm...guys." Mono starts. 

"Not now." Gabby hisses not even looking at him. Her gazes are fixed on me and I stare right back. 

"You are the one that tried to get me to walk away. Tried to make me leave Mono in the hospital." 

"That isn't true! I was going to come back for him. I didn't want you to die!" Gabby said frustrated. 

"No. Guys. Really-" 

"We're having girl talk Mono!" I don't turn to him, I hear my voice echo out through the empty valley and so does Gabby's with the next thing she says. 

"You guys are the only chance at fixing this. At fixing our world. It's a slim chance okay. I won't promise that it will go right, but it's a chance okay we have to try." 

"Six!" Mono snaps. I narrow my eyes at him. Now I'm pissed. I turn over slowly with a glare to see a nervous Mono biting his finger nails so hard the tips of them are bleeding. A habit I haven't witnessed in years. His black eyes are wide. Before I can answer his voice cracks, "Guys we need to fucking go we have company." 

I look over my shoulder in his direction. The empty buildings, the town, the streets, are all not so empty anymore. I see a crowd of people densely packed. They stare at us from a distance wordlessly. At first I'm dumbfounded. "Uhm, hello?" I can sense the air is off. I can tell Mono can too. He was always sensitive to aura. But also, he only bites his fingers until they bleed when he's distressed. 

A bad aura. They had a bad aura. 

They seem far, but with how many of them that are crowded they could swarm us and cover that ground in an instant. They look at us with beady eyes, and even from a distance, I can tell their bodies are warped and malformed. I feel my everything tingle and go cold as my heart drops into my chest. 

"Don't move. Or say anything. Be still." Gabby whispers. The three of us stare like deer in headlights. There's hundreds of people, of those things. Where were they earlier. 

"Guys," Mono bites his lip, scrunching his nose up and furrowing his brows. "We need to go now." 

"I said don't move I'm thinking. Maybe we could distract them." Gabby whispers. 

"No we need to leave now." He whispers, his voice sounds tight. "Or- aaa CHOO." He wipes his nose after letting out the most loud, obnoxious dad sneeze in all of the history of man. It echoes throughout the town. Me and Gabby share a look. 

The crowd goes wild, letting out animal-istic(A/N: I don't know how to spell that) sounds. In seconds they start rushing. They're like one large mass, they tumble towards us as a group. 

"Okay! we can officially go now!" Gabby darts off down an alleyway. I sprint after us, not worrying about Mono. He has long legs he will keep up. When I look over my shoulder I find that he does. 

"Feel better now?" I ask him slightly irritated now. 

"Actually, much better. Thanks for asking. I was holding in that sneeze for a few minutes. Seemed like the convenient time to let it out." We run side by side. Neither of us caring when we stumble over trash and debris. 

I glance behind me to see them pouring through the alleyway. They struggle to enter at the same time, knocking each other over.  They have no sense of space, all seemingly focused on the one goal. Us. 

"How convenient indeed." When I look ahead I see Gabby isn't actually sprinting at all. More so hovering above the ground, whirling about at insane speeds. She looks in every direction, but even as she clearly hesitates she doesn't stop or falter. We chase her down street ways. Soon the mass of warped bodies are flooding in from everywhere. We falter at a roundabout, Mono skidding to a stop behind me and almost ramming into me. They closed in from every direction. They blocked the street ways, they came outside of buildings and alleyways. The crowding of people forms a giant circle around us. 

We're at the center of the roundabout and they're only getting closer. 

"Well. This is where we die." Mono doesn't have a very good outlook on life it seems. I'm panting as we're standing in a triangle, shoulder to shoulder with each other. I don't have to see Gabby to know that her eyes are searching desperately. She is looking for some sort of way out. Her voice hitches. I can tell she doesn't know what to say to us. 

Mono, I can hear him panting. I'm not sure whether it's severe fried smokers' lungs, or he actually is afraid to die. If only I still knew him better, maybe I would be able to tell. Maybe I could give him words of encouragement. But for now I felt too prideful to shed any, in fear they would not be useful. 

I stare at them with big eyes. I feel my heart beating in my chest and my pulse pounding so loud I can hear it in my ears. I'm tired of being cornered. I'm tired of being chased. Tired of the hungry men at the Maw always wanting more from me ever since I was young. Tired of the way people looked at me only with hungry greed and lust. I decided that I'm fucking tired of not fighting anymore. 

"I'm guys I- I don't know what to-" 

I cut Gabby off, "I'm tired of the bullshit. If this is how it ends it ends with me fucking swinging." I raise my palms which blaze white. I grit my teeth. I don't care if it is foolish to make a last stand. Even if they ripped me apart, I had to prove to myself that I was still as strong as I used to be. 

"Yeah that sounds pretty okay to me." Mono says sheepishly. Then he says something else that surprises me, "Hey at least we can have one last time. Just like old times huh?" I don't have to see him to see what expression he has on his face. I can hear it. I can hear that he is smiling. 

"Yeah!" I grin, "Just like old times!" At least we are on some sort of page before we both probably die this time.

A/N: I'm sorry by the fact that it has been a few months. This semester and few months have been very hard on me. I know I struggled previously for a long time with writers block before this, however this was not the case this time. I've just been going through mental health struggles and a bad breakup. Sorry to bring the mood down by being emotional! I just feel bad for always flying off the face of the earth is all!!! I appreciate all the caring comments (and funny ones) I get on this story. It makes me so happy and this book would not have gone this far if I did not have readers who care about it along the way!! You guys motivate and inspire me to keep going so thank you so much for reading my book! This has been my first book ever to make it past 3 chapters and I am so proud to have people who care about my work! I apologize that I do not have a clear or consistent uploading schedule, I do not mean for it to be like that. Every time I try to make one I swear something happens or I get writers block :(. But don't worry I am here for the long haul and I love the direction my book is going. Sorry for the emotional dump again! expect another update soon!